|Height :||75 m|
|Residents :||866 (Dec. 31, 2006)|
|Incorporation :||March 1, 1974|
|Postal code :||38527|
|Area code :||05304|
Location of Wedelheine in the joint municipality of Papenteich
Wedelheine is located only a few kilometers north of the city of Braunschweig on the Lower Saxony L321 and the Mittelland Canal , which separates Wedelheine from Wedesbüttel. Wedelheine, together with the villages of Abbesbüttel , Bechtsbüttel , Meine , Wedesbüttel , Grassel , Gravenhorst and Ohnhorst, form the community of Meine. The closest medium- sized centers are Wolfsburg , Salzgitter , Wolfenbüttel , Gifhorn , Peine and Celle .
* Distance information relates to the distance to the town center.
|City of Gifhorn (17 km)|
|Ohnhorst (3 km)||Wasbüttel (2 km)||Calberlah (6 km)|
|Community of Meine (3 km)||Allenbüttel (2 km)||City of Wolfsburg (23 km)|
|Vordorf (5 km)||Wedesbüttel (200 m)|
|Braunschweig city center (13 km)|
Wedelheine is located in the southeastern part of the Papenteich plateau . In 2001 a water protection area was established in the vicinity of the village . The groundwater resources are used by the Wedelheine waterworks.
The population development in historical times is documented for Wedelheine independently of the community of Meine. Since the incorporation and the founding of the joint community in 1974, the population development for Wedelheine has been documented by the joint community of Papenteich . As of December 31, 2006, Wedelheine had 866 inhabitants.
The first documentary mention of Wedelheines is proven for the year 1489 under the name "Wedelheym". The place used to be directly on the old Poststrasse from Braunschweig to Hamburg . In 1775 the street was still on the eastern edge of the town.
On March 1, 1974 Wedelheine was incorporated into the community of Meine.
Culture and sights
On October 31, Reformation Day , the traditional "Apple Festival" is celebrated in Wedelheine on the orchard meadow in Fuhlenriedeweg. It is reminiscent of the alleged saying by Martin Luther that "if tomorrow the world ended, I would plant an apple tree today" .
- SV Wedes-Wedel - sports club
- Germania shooting club
- Wedesbüttel / Wedelheine volunteer fire department
- self-managed youth club "Pferdestall"
- Realverband Wedelheine
- 1000 years of Wedesbüttel (1022 - 2022)
- Brandt, C. (1912): Schwülper. A piece of Lower Saxony's local history. Hildesheim, self-published
- Heinz Klose: History from the Papenteich , Meine 1983; ISBN 3-87040-029-3
- Wolfgang Meibeyer: Settlement facts about the Papenteich , series of publications by the district of Gifhorn; Gifhorn 1994
- Lower Saxony State Administration Office (Ed.): Der Landkreis Gifhorn , Bremen 1972. (The Landkreise in Gifhorn, Vol. 26. ISBN 3-87172-327-4 )
- ZGB : Regional planning for the relocation of the B4 in the area between Braunschweig and Gifhorn (PDF; 1.8 MB)
- Brand, Renate: Papenteich in old views , Eschenbach 1995, ISBN 3-89570-057-6
- Administrative history of Gifhorn up to 1939
- Papenteicher Nachrichten, issue 395 - May 2007, page 5
- Wolfgang Meibeyer: Settlement facts about the Papenteich and the question of -büttel places , series of publications by the district of Gifhorn; Gifhorn 2004; ISBN 3-929632-70-5
- Federal Statistical Office (ed.): Historical municipality directory for the Federal Republic of Germany. Name, border and key number changes in municipalities, counties and administrative districts from May 27, 1970 to December 31, 1982 . W. Kohlhammer GmbH, Stuttgart and Mainz 1983, ISBN 3-17-003263-1 , p. 226 .
- So let's plant an apple tree . Flyer of the allotment garden association Meine eV and the greening group Meine on October 31, 2011.