Calendar overview 723
Boniface falls the Donariche in Geismar and begins
the Christianization of the north German tribes.
|723 in other calendars|
|Armenian calendar||171/172 (turn of the year July)|
|Buddhist calendar||1266/67 (southern Buddhism); 1265/66 (alternative calculation according to Buddhas Parinirvana )|
|Chinese calendar||56th (57th) cycle|
|Chula Sakarat (Siam, Myanmar) / Dai calendar (Vietnam)||85/86 (turn of the year April)|
|Iranian calendar||101/102 (around March 21)|
|Islamic calendar||104/105 (June 9/10)|
|Jewish calendar||4483/84 (September 5-6)|
from urbe condita MCDLXXVI (1476)
Diocletian's era : 439/440 (turn of the year November)
|Seleucid era||Babylon: 1033/34 (turn of the year April)
Syria: 1034/35 (turn of the year October)
|Vikram Sambat (Nepalese Calendar)||779/780 (turn of the year April)|
Politics and world events
- Bavarians and Alamanni rise against the Frankish caretaker Karl Martell , breaking their silk of peace .
- Dungal becomes king of the Irish-Scottish empire Dalriada as successor to Selbach .
- Boniface felled the Donar oak in Geismar near Fritzlar and started the Christianization of the north German tribes.
- The Carolingian Hugo of Champagne becomes Bishop of Bayeux .
- 721 /723: Alduin is bishop of Cologne to succeed Faramund .