Calendar overview 719
Gregory II under the name of Bonifatius to proselytize the pagan Germanic tribes.
|719 in other calendars|
|Armenian calendar||167/168 (turn of the year July)|
|Buddhist calendar||1262/63 (southern Buddhism); 1261/62 (alternative calculation according to Buddha's Parinirvana )|
|Chinese calendar||56th (57th) cycle|
|Chula Sakarat (Siam, Myanmar) / Dai calendar (Vietnam)||81/82 (turn of the year April)|
|Iranian calendar||97/98 (around March 21)|
|Islamic calendar||100/101 (July 23/24)|
|Jewish calendar||4479/80 (September 18-19)|
ab urbe condita MCDLXXII (1472)
Diocletian's era : 435/436 (New Year November)
|Seleucid era||Babylon: 1029/30 (turn of the year April)
Syria: 1030/31 (turn of the year October)
|Vikram Sambat (Nepalese Calendar)||775/776 (turn of the year April)|
Politics and world events
- The former Byzantine Emperor Anastasios II returns from the monastery after around three years to meet the incumbent Emperor Leo III with the help of the Bulgarian Empire . to fall. However, he is extradited to Byzantium by his allies and executed in Constantinople on June 1st .
- Victory of the Austrasian housekeeper Karl Martell over Neustria near Soissons .
- Eudo of Aquitaine , who was asked by Chilperic II to assist him in the fight against Karl Martell, delivers him to Karl Martell and receives from him as duke the right of inheritance to Aquitaine .
- After the death of the Austrasian king Chlothar IV. The Franconian caretaker Karl Martell recognized the Merovingian Chilperich II. As king of the Franconian Empire . After the victory of Karl Martell over his rival Raganfrid on October 14th at Néry, however, Karl Martell is the real ruler in the empire and Chilperich is only the shadow king.
- Moors conquer Lisbon and incorporate it into the Umayyad Caliphate .
- from 719: Islam in France : The Moors advance from the Iberian Peninsula to Septimania : Narbonne is the first city of the Franconian Empire to be conquered by them .
Religion and culture
Christianity in Africa
Christianity in Europe
- May 15 : The Anglo-Saxon monk Wynfreth is commissioned by Pope Gregory II to proselytize the pagan Germans. Under the name Bonifatius given to him by the Pope, he went back to the Frisians in collaboration with Willibrord .
- The Alemannic priest Otmar used by Arbon Tribune Waltram of Thurgau the head of the Gallus cell and is based at the grave of St. Gallus , the monastery of St. Gallen .
- Hugo von Champagne , a nephew of the housekeeper Karl Martell, becomes abbot of Jumièges .
- June 26 : Yang Guifei , concubine of the Chinese Emperor Tang Xuanzong , one of the four beauties of ancient China († 756 )
- around 719: Mauregato , King of Asturias († 788 )
Date of death secured
Exact date of death unknown
- Chlothar IV , Merovingian shadow king in Austrasia under Karl Martell
- Radbod , the last independent ruler of the Frisians
- Theudebald , Duke of a Bavarian sub-duchy
Died around 719
- between 717 and 719: Hedan II , Duke of a Thuringian part-duchy