Calendar overview 756
|Pippi niches donation arises Papal States .||Domenico Monegario is the sixth Doge of Venice .|
|756 in other calendars|
|Armenian calendar||204/205 (turn of the year July)|
|Buddhist calendar||1299/1300 (southern Buddhism); 1298/99 (alternative calculation according to Buddha's Parinirvana )|
|Chinese calendar||57th (58th) cycle|
|Chula Sakarat (Siam, Myanmar) / Dai calendar (Vietnam)||118/119 (turn of the year April)|
|Iranian calendar||134/135 (around March 21)|
|Islamic calendar||138/139 (June 4th / 5th)|
|Jewish calendar||4516/17 (29/30 August)|
from urbe condita MDIX (1509)
Diocletian's era : 472/473 (turn of the year November)
|Seleucid era||Babylon: 1066/67 (turn of the year April)
Syria: 1067/68 (turn of the year October)
|Vikram Sambat (Nepalese Calendar)||812/813 (turn of the year April)|
Politics and world events
- May 15 : Abd ar-Rahman I prevails in a battle on the Guadalquivir during a campaign against his adversary Yusuf ibn Abd ar-Rahman al-Fihri , the governor of Al-Andalus in Spain . Soon after the success he established the emirate of Córdoba , the exiled empire of the Umayyads . He also puts an end to the last autonomous Visigothic rule Todmir around Murcia , which is incorporated into the emirate.
Franconian Empire and Italy
- After Aistulf , King of the Lombards , refuses to surrender the exarchate of Ravenna to the Pope , King Pippin the Younger pulls against him again and defeats him. The papal state is now finally established in accordance with the commitments of 754 ( Pippin donation ).
- After Aistulf's death, Ratchis becomes (again) the Lombard king. Desiderius , however, rises up against him .
Other events in Europe
- Sigeberht becomes King of Wessex as the successor to Cuthred .
- Vinech becomes Khan of the Bulgarians , he succeeds Kormisosch .
- Domenico Monegario is the sixth Doge of Venice . He succeeds Galla , who only served one year.
Empire of China
- June: During the An-Lushan -Aufstandes is the Chinese residence Chang-an occupied by the rebels, the Emperor Xuanzong fled to Chengdu and sets his son Suzong as the new emperor, which is an alliance with the Uyghur strives to meet the To be able to put down rebellion.
First documentary mentions
- The town of Hayingen is first mentioned in a document.
- around 756: Subscription from Tbilisi , Christian martyr († 786 )
- around 756: Ekbert I. , Dux der Sachsen († after 811)
- June 4th : Shōmu , Japanese Emperor (* 701 )
- June 15 : Lothar von Séez , bishop (* around 685 )
- July 15 : Yang Guifei , concubine of the Chinese Emperor Xuanzong (* 719 )
- Aistulf , King of the Lombards
- Cuthred , King of Wessex