Calendar overview 746
|Tegernsee is Benedictine monastery founded to which the Ducal Bavarian Brauhaus Tegernsee back.|
|746 in other calendars|
|Armenian calendar||194/195 (turn of the year July)|
|Buddhist calendar||1289/90 (southern Buddhism); 1288/89 (alternative calculation according to Buddhas Parinirvana )|
|Chinese calendar||57th (58th) cycle|
|Chula Sakarat (Siam, Myanmar) / Dai calendar (Vietnam)||108/109 (turn of the year April)|
|Iranian calendar||124/125 (around March 21)|
|Islamic calendar||128/129 (September 21/22)|
|Jewish calendar||4506/07 (September 19-20)|
from urbe condita MID (1499)
Diocletian's era : 462/463 (New Year November)
|Seleucid era||Babylon: 1056/57 (turn of the year April)
Syria: 1057/58 (turn of the year October)
|Vikram Sambat (Nepalese Calendar)||802/803 (turn of the year April)|
Politics and world events
- Caretaker Karlmann suppresses the last uprising of the Alemanni . The so-called blood court at Cannstatt , to which numerous Alemannic nobles fell victim, meant the end of Theudebald's power. His land will be administered by Frankish counts as part of the Franconian Empire .
- Swithred becomes King of Essex, succeeding Saelred .
Culture and religion
- Sidonius becomes Bishop of Constance as the successor to Arnfried.
- On Tegernsee is Benedictine monastery founded to which the Ducal Bavarian Brauhaus Tegernsee back. As the tomb of St. Quirinus , the monastery becomes a popular place of pilgrimage.
- The Monk Jingzang Pagoda in China is built.
- Johannes I , Bishop of Salzburg
- Saelred , King of Essex
- Theudebald , Duke of Alemannia
- around 746: Hildeprand , King of the Longobards