Calendar overview 743
Carolingian House Meier set with Childeric III.
one last time a Merovingian shadow king.
|743 in other calendars|
|Armenian calendar||191/192 (turn of the year July)|
|Buddhist calendar||1286/87 (southern Buddhism); 1285/86 (alternative calculation according to Buddhas Parinirvana )|
|Chinese calendar||57th (58th) cycle|
|Chula Sakarat (Siam, Myanmar) / Dai calendar (Vietnam)||105/106 (turn of the year April)|
|Iranian calendar||121/122 (around March 21)|
|Islamic calendar||125/126 (October 24/25)|
|Jewish calendar||4503/04 (23/24 September)|
from urbe condita MXDVI (1496)
Diocletian's era : 459/460 (turn of the year November)
|Seleucid era||Babylon: 1053/54 (turn of the year April)
Syria: 1054/55 (turn of the year October)
|Vikram Sambat (Nepalese Calendar)||799/800 (turn of the year April)|
Politics and world events
- The caretakers Pippin and Karlmann march against the Slavs , Saxons and Alemanni under Bavarian Duke Odilo and Alemanni Duke Theudebald . Both dukes flee after the defeat on the Lech .
- Victory of the house manger Karlmann over the Saxons; the Thuringian Hassegau is subjugated.
- The Carolingian housekeepers set up a Merovingian shadow king for the last time, after several years of reignless government : Childerich III. , the son of Chilperich II.
- King Aethelbald of Mercia and King Ceolred of Wessex jointly attack the Welsh empires of Gwent and Powys.
- Atanagildo succeeds Teodomiro as ruler of the south-east Spanish Visigothic rule Todmir , which is under Moorish suzerainty.
- Liutprand , King of the Lombards , makes peace with the Pope and renounces the conquest of Rome .
- Gisulf II becomes Duke of Benevento .
- Emperor Constantine V succeeds in taking his capital, Constantinople , which the usurper Artabasdos has occupied; this is killed by the emperor.
- After the death of the caliph Hisham from the Umayyad dynasty , Al-Walid II became his successor. He only ruled for a year.
- A riot of Kharijites in Kufa spreads to the whole of Iraq. He can only be suppressed by the Umayyads in 746 .
- Uighur uprising under Iltimis Kutluq Bilge-Kül against the rule of the Gök Turks . The Karluken and Oghusen ally with the Uighurs ; the rebels succeed in overthrowing and killing the Gök Turk Khan Ozmysh. Thereupon Bomei-Tegin becomes the last Khan of the Gök Turks.
- March 1st : Synod of Estinnes
- November 3rd : Elevation of the bones of St. Hubertus
- The land around Fulda is donated to Bonifatius in the Karlmann donation to do missionary work in the area.
- According to legend, the monastery of San Salvatore di Monte Amiata was founded.
- 742 or 743: Concilium Germanicum convened
- Artabasdos , usurper in the Byzantine Empire
- Geroldus , Bishop of Mainz
- Hisham , Umayyad Caliph (* 691 )
- Rigobert of Reims , Bishop of Reims
- Teodomiro , ruler in the south-east Spanish Visigoth rule of Todmir
- Witburga , East Anglian abbess, saint and princess