Calendar overview 747
|After the resignation of his brother Karlmann, Pippin the Younger becomes a Hausmeier in the entire Franconian Empire .|
|747 in other calendars|
|Armenian calendar||195/196 (turn of the year July)|
|Buddhist calendar||1290/91 (southern Buddhism); 1289/90 (alternative calculation according to Buddha's Parinirvana )|
|Chinese calendar||57th (58th) cycle|
|Chula Sakarat (Siam, Myanmar) / Dai calendar (Vietnam)||109/110 (turn of the year April)|
|Iranian calendar||125/126 (around March 21)|
|Islamic calendar||129/130 (10/11 September)|
|Jewish calendar||4507/08 (September 8/9)|
from urbe condita MD (1500)
Diocletian's era : 463/464 (turn of the year November)
|Seleucid era||Babylon: 1057/58 (turn of the year April)
Syria: 1058/59 (turn of the year October)
|Vikram Sambat (Nepalese Calendar)||803/804 (turn of the year April)|
Politics and world events
- The caretaker Karlmann resigns and goes on a pilgrimage to Rome , in order to finally enter the monastery on Mount Soracte (later the monastery Monte Cassino ). This decision may have something to do with the Cannstatt Blood Court ordered by him the previous year . He hands his son Drogo over to the care of his younger brother Pippins the Younger , who becomes the caretaker of the entire empire.
- Abu Muslim opens the uprising against the Umayyads in eastern Iran around Merv . This brings the Abbasids to power in the caliphate .
- Beginning of the first uprising of the Oghuz against the Uighurs .
First documentary mentions
- In the reports about Pippin's move against the Saxons, place names in today's Lower Saxony are mentioned for the first time : Ohrum and Schöningen .
- First documented mention of Düren and Isen
- A Frankish kingdom synod approves the related to that of Boniface Church made 'mission efforts reforms in the Frankish Empire .
- Boniface receives the title Archbishop of Mainz for himself .
- Benedictine rules of the order replace the Irish in the Abbey of St. Gallen .
- Buddhism in Tibet : The legendary Indian Padmasambhava introduced Buddhism in its tantric form in Tibet . He built the first Buddhist monastery in Samye .
- April 2, 742 , 747 or 748 : Charlemagne , Emperor of the Franconian Empire († 814 )
- al-Wāqidī , Arab historian († 823 )