Calendar overview 752
Zacharias hands over the alleged sandals of Christ to the Frankish King Pippin .
|752 in other calendars|
|Armenian calendar||200/201 (turn of the year July)|
|Buddhist calendar||1295/96 (southern Buddhism); 1294/95 (alternative calculation according to Buddhas Parinirvana )|
|Chinese calendar||57th (58th) cycle|
|Chula Sakarat (Siam, Myanmar) / Dai calendar (Vietnam)||114/115 (turn of the year April)|
|Iranian calendar||130/131 (around March 21)|
|Islamic calendar||134/135 (July 17/18)|
|Jewish calendar||4512/13 (September 13-14)|
from urbe condita MDV (1505)
Diocletian's era : 468/469 (New Year November)
|Seleucid era||Babylon: 1062/63 (turn of the year April)
Syria: 1063/64 (turn of the year October)
|Vikram Sambat (Nepalese Calendar)||808/809 (turn of the year April)|
Politics and world events
- Victory of the Cuthred of Wessex against Mercia under Aethelbald at Beorhford
- Auggen , Aschendorf an der Ems, Oberteuringen and Welschingen are first mentioned in a document.
- before March 15th: Pope Zacharias hands over the alleged sandals of Christ to the Frankish King Pippin . Pippin keeps them in the newly founded Carolingian house monastery Prüm , where they are to this day.
- March 22 or 23 : Around a week after the death of Pope Zacharias , Stephen is elected Pope , but he dies on March 25 or 26 , making his term of office the shortest of all popes. Since death occurs before he can receive an ordination, it is disputed whether he is to be considered as Pope at all; this is now mostly denied, so that he does not deserve the name Stephan II , which is actually also taken over by his direct successor Stephan II .
- Founding of the Kempten monastery by Audogar and the Heidenheim monastery by St. Wunibald and St. Walburga
- March 15 : Zacharias , Pope (* around 679 )
- March 25th / 26th : Stephen (II.) , Elected but not consecrated Pope
- Acha , Jewish scholar (* 680 )
- Lupus , Dux of the Lombard Duchy of Spoleto