Calendar overview 803
|Bulgarian Kingdom comes Khan Krum to power. During his reign he built the Bulgarian Empire into a European power at the expense of the Byzantine Empire .|
|803 in other calendars|
|Armenian calendar||251/252 (turn of the year July)|
|Buddhist calendar||1346/47 (southern Buddhism); 1345/46 (alternative calculation according to Buddha's Parinirvana )|
|Chinese calendar||58th (59th) cycle|
|Chula Sakarat (Siam, Myanmar) / Dai calendar (Vietnam)||165/166 (turn of the year April)|
|Iranian calendar||181/182 (around March 21)|
|Islamic calendar||187/188 (December 19-20)|
|Jewish calendar||4563/64 (September 20-21)|
from urbe condita MDLVI (1556)
Diocletian's era : 519/520 (New Year November)
|Seleucid era||Babylon: 1113/14 (turn of the year April)
Syria: 1114/15 (turn of the year October)
|Vikram Sambat (Nepalese Calendar)||859/860 (turn of the year April)|
Politics and world events
- The influential vizier dynasty of the Barmakids is overthrown during the reign of Hārūn ar-Rashīd in the Abbasid Empire .
- In Bulgarian Kingdom comes Khan Krum to power. During his reign he built the Bulgarian Empire into a European power at the expense of the Byzantine Empire .
- Giovanni Galbaio was overthrown as doge of Venice because of his anti-Carolingian and anti-pope policies and in particular because of his attack on the Patriarchate of Grado and the murder of the Patriarch John as doge of Venice and forced to flee with his son and fellow doge Maurizio.
- Third Avar uprising (after 797 and 799), as a result of which the two Franconian Counts Cadaloc and Goteram I (prefect of the Bavarian eastern region ) are killed at the Guntio fort (today's Güns )
First documentary mentions
Date of death secured
- March 3 : Anselm von Nonantola , Duke of Friuli and abbot
- August 9 : Irene , Empress of Byzantium (* 752 )