Calendar overview 805
|Liudger becomes the first bishop of Münster .|
|805 in other calendars|
|Armenian calendar||253/254 (turn of the year July)|
|Buddhist calendar||1348/49 (southern Buddhism); 1347/48 (alternative calculation according to Buddha's Parinirvana )|
|Chinese calendar||58th (59th) cycle|
|Chula Sakarat (Siam, Myanmar) / Dai calendar (Vietnam)||167/168 (turn of the year April)|
|Iranian calendar||183/184 (around March 21)|
|Islamic calendar||189/190 (November 26-27)|
|Jewish calendar||4565/66 (August 29/30)|
ab urbe condita MDLVIII (1558)
Diocletian's era : 521/522 (November turn of the year)
|Seleucid era||Babylon: 1115/16 (turn of the year April)
Syria: 1116/17 (turn of the year October)
|Vikram Sambat (Nepalese Calendar)||861/862 (turn of the year April)|
Politics and world events
- December 24th : In the Diedenhofen capitular Charlemagne forbids the cities named therein to trade in arms with the Slavs .
- The Muslims conquer Cyprus from Byzantium .
- Revolts against the Moors break out again in Córdoba and Mérida .
Empire of China
- After Tang Dezong's death , his son Tang Shunzong briefly became emperor of the Tang Dynasty in China . The already ailing emperor dies after eight months, whereupon his son Tang Xianzong takes over the scepter.
First documentary mentions
- December 24th : First mention of Magdeburg and Forchheim in the Diedenhofen chapter of Charlemagne
- First documentary mention of Dahauua ( Dachau ), Emerkingen , Hainsfarth , Rudersdorf in the Sömmerda district, Seekirch , Sölden in the Black Forest and Staßfurt
- March 30th : Liudger is ordained the first bishop of Münster by the Archbishop of Cologne, Hildebold .
- Haito becomes Bishop of Basel .