Calendar overview 810
|Franconia and Abotrites was agreed, the Limes Saxoniae .|
|810 in other calendars|
|Armenian calendar||258/259 (turn of the year July)|
|Buddhist calendar||1353/54 (southern Buddhism); 1352/53 (alternative calculation according to Buddhas Parinirvana )|
|Chinese calendar||58th (59th) cycle|
|Chula Sakarat (Siam, Myanmar) / Dai calendar (Vietnam)||172/173 (turn of the year April)|
|Iranian calendar||188/189 (around March 21)|
|Islamic calendar||194/195 (3rd / 4th October)|
|Jewish calendar||4570/71 (2/3 September)|
ab urbe condita MDLXIII (1563)
Diocletian's era : 526/527 (New Year November)
|Seleucid era||Babylon: 1120/21 (turn of the year April)
Syria: 1121/22 (New Year October)
|Vikram Sambat (Nepalese Calendar)||866/867 (turn of the year April)|
Politics and world events
Franconian Empire / Denmark
- Charlemagne concludes an armistice with Al-Hakam , the Moorish emir of Córdoba . Since then, the border of the Spanish Mark has been running a little south of Barcelona .
- Charlemagne is himself in northern Germany for the last time, he expects an attack by the Danish king southwards to the Elbe . Presumably on this occasion a new demarcation between Franconia and Abotrites was agreed, the Limes Saxoniae . This means that the northern Elbe region , which was initially handed over to the Abotrites in 804, was transferred to the Frankish Empire .
- A Danish fleet sacked Friesland and the Frisian Islands.
- The Danish king Gudfred erects the protective wall " Danewerk " between Treene and Schlei to protect against the Franks , making the Hammaburg between the rivers Bille and Alster, which existed in Saxon times, Franconian.
- After Gudfred's death, there is a bitter war of succession for his successor in Denmark .
Byzantine Empire / Republic of Venice
- Angelo Partecipazio is used as Doge of Venice by Venice . With him the separation of the Maritime Republic from the Byzantine Empire begins .
Culture and religion
- Charlemagne renewed the ban on the use of from opium poppy gained "Satan plant" opium for medical purposes.
- around 810: Rabanus Maurus writes De laudibus sanctae crucis .
Society, nature and the environment
- Abul Abbas , the elephant who was given to the Frankish emperor Charlemagne by caliph Hārūn ar-Raschīd , dies after crossing the Rhine.
Date of birth saved
Exact date of birth unknown
Born around 810
- Ansbald , abbot of the Prüm Monastery († 886 )
- Johannes Scotus Eriugena , Irish theologian and philosopher († 877 )
- Halvdan Svarte , Norwegian nobleman († around 860 )
- Kenneth I , King of Scotland († 859 )
- Tang Wuzong , Emperor of China († 846 )
- Theodora II , wife of the Byzantine emperor Theophilos († 867 )
Date of death secured
- June 6th : Rotrud , Franconian noblewoman, daughter of Charlemagne (* around 775 )
- July 8th : Pippin , Frankish nobleman, son of Charlemagne, sub-king of Italy (* 777 )