Calendar overview 815
Diocese of Hildesheim
is founded at an imperial assembly in Paderborn .
|815 in other calendars|
|Armenian calendar||263/264 (turn of the year July)|
|Buddhist calendar||1358/59 (southern Buddhism); 1357/58 (alternative calculation according to Buddha's Parinirvana )|
|Chinese calendar||58th (59th) cycle|
|Chula Sakarat (Siam, Myanmar) / Dai calendar (Vietnam)||177/178 (turn of the year April)|
|Iranian calendar||193/194 (around March 21)|
|Islamic calendar||199/200 (August 10-11)|
|Jewish calendar||4575/76 (September 7/8)|
ab urbe condita MDLXVIII (1568)
Diocletian's era : 531/532 (New Year November)
|Seleucid era||Babylon: 1125/26 (turn of the year April)
Syria: 1126/27 (New Year October)
|Vikram Sambat (Nepalese Calendar)||871/872 (turn of the year April)|
Politics and world events
- Egbert von Wessex conquers the entire area of West Wales.
- to 815: To protect the royal palace Frankfurt is Louis the Pious first fortifications in Frankfurt in order. These will be completed around the year 822 .
First documentary mentions
- March 27th : First documentary mention of Rohr (Thuringia)
- First documented mention of Gangloffsömmern , churches , Seligenstadt and Wangen in the Allgäu
Science, culture and society
- 814 /815: The Japanese Shinsen Shōjiroku , an articulated in 30 parts of Japanese genealogical work is, by order of the Saga Tennō compiled.
- before August 9th: In Hethis , under Ludwig the Pious, the first monastery was founded in Saxony, probably by the Paderborn Bishop Hathumar as a branch of the Corbie Abbey . The foundation takes place a few years after the subjugation and Christianization of the Saxons. It is still unclear where Hethis is.
- After the death Hathumars on August 9 will Badurad his successor as bishop of Paderborn .
- The Diocese of Hildesheim is founded by Emperor Ludwig the Pious at an imperial assembly in Paderborn . Gunthar becomes the first bishop of the new diocese . In Hildesheim, a Marienkapelle is being built due to an alleged rose miracle .
- The Liesborn Benedictine monastery is founded.
- Guntram , Count in Wormsgau and Oberrheingau († 837 )
- around 815: Method of Saloniki , Byzantine monk, legal scholar and first Archbishop of Moravia and Pannonia, "Apostle of the Slavs" († 885 )
Date of death secured
- July 8th : Baugulf von Fulda , abbot of the Fulda monastery
- August 9 : Hathumar , Bishop of Paderborn