Calendar overview 813
|Charlemagne elevates his son Ludwig to co-emperor and heir in the Franconian Empire .|
|813 in other calendars|
|Armenian calendar||261/262 (turn of the year July)|
|Buddhist calendar||1356/57 (southern Buddhism); 1355/56 (alternative calculation according to Buddhas Parinirvana )|
|Chinese calendar||58th (59th) cycle|
|Chula Sakarat (Siam, Myanmar) / Dai calendar (Vietnam)||175/176 (turn of the year April)|
|Iranian calendar||191/192 (around March 21)|
|Islamic calendar||197/198 (August 31 / September 1)|
|Jewish calendar||4573/74 (August 29/30)|
from urbe condita MDLXVI (1566)
Diocletian's era : 529/530 (New Year November)
|Seleucid era||Babylon: 1123/24 (turn of the year April)
Syria: 1124/25 (turn of the year October)
|Vikram Sambat (Nepalese Calendar)||869/870 (turn of the year April)|
Politics and world events
- June 22nd : The Bulgarians under Khan Krum win the Battle of Adrianople against the Byzantine Empire , which tried to make amends for the devastating defeat against the Bulgarians in the Battle of the Warbiza Pass two years earlier (July 26, 811).
- After the fall of Adrianople , Constantinople was besieged by the Bulgarians.
- Leo V takes advantage of the troops' dissatisfaction after the defeat at Adrianople, overthrows Michael I and becomes Emperor of Byzantium .
- September 11th : Emperor Charlemagne elevates his son Ludwig to co-emperor and heir in the Franconian Empire .
First documentary mentions
- First documented mention of Robern
Religion and culture
- A general public Christmas celebration is decided by the synod in Mainz ( four public holidays until 1773 ).
- At the Council of Tours a language that the people can understand for sermons in churches is established.
- Council of Reims
- Haistulph becomes Archbishop of Mainz as the successor to Richulf .
- Wandalbert von Prüm , Franconian monk and writer († around 870 )
- around 813: Li Shangyin , Chinese poet († 858 )
- around 813: Theophilos , Byzantine emperor († 842 )