Portal history | Portal Biographies | Current events | Annual calendar
7th century |
| 9th century
◄ | 750 | 760s | 770s | 780s | 790s | 800s | 810s | ►
◄◄ | ◄ | 783 | 784 | 785 | 786 | 787 | 788 | 789 | 790 | 791 | ► | ►►
Calendar overview 787
|Second Council of Nicaea , convened by Regent Irene , settles the Byzantine Iconoclasm .|
|787 in other calendars|
|Armenian calendar||235/236 (turn of the year July)|
|Buddhist calendar||1330/31 (southern Buddhism); 1329/30 (alternative calculation according to Buddha's Parinirvana )|
|Chinese calendar||58th (59th) cycle
Year of the Fire Rabbit 丁卯 ( at the beginning of the year Fire Tiger 丙寅)
|Chula Sakarat (Siam, Myanmar) / Dai calendar (Vietnam)||149/150 (turn of the year April)|
|Iranian calendar||165/166 (around March 21)|
|Islamic calendar||170/171 (June 21/22)|
|Jewish calendar||4547/48 (September 16-17)|
from urbe condita MDXL (1540)
Diocletian's era : 503/504 (November turn of the year)
|Seleucid era||Babylon: 1097/98 (turn of the year April)
Syria: 1098/99 (New Year October)
|Vikram Sambat (Nepalese Calendar)||843/844 (turn of the year April)|
Politics and world events
Franconian Empire and Italy
- Between Charlemagne and Duke Tassilo III. von Baiern there is a first confrontation. Karl accuses Tassilo of his anti- Franconian alliance with the Lombards in Benevento , whereupon Karl has three armies deployed on the Bavarian borders. Thereupon Tassilo loses the support of his own nobility and clergy and submits; he is now enfeoffed again with the duchy.
- Charlemagne leads a campaign against the insubordinate Lombard Duke of Benevento , Arichis II : Capua and Salerno , among others, are besieged. Instead of Arichis, Karl Grimoald III. as a new duke who is dependent on the Frankish empire.
- The Sabine country and the South Tuscia become part of the Papal States .
- Unroch I becomes Duke of Friuli ; he is the successor of Marcarius.
- Giovanni Galbaio replaces Maurizio Galbaio as Doge of Venice . He is not elected because he was co-doge during the reign of his father.
- The engagement between Rotrud , a daughter of Charlemagne, and the young Byzantine emperor Constantine VI. will be solved.
- King Offa of Mercia names his son Ecgfrith co-king of the Anglo-Saxon kingdom.
- Achaius becomes King of Scotland .
Asia and Africa
- The Caliphate of the Abbasids in Baghdad recognizes the independence of the rule of rustamid dynasty in Algeria on.
First documentary mentions
- First documentary mention of Altnau , Bergen near Neuburg , Ehingen, Mühlhausen , Singen (Hohentwiel) and Wörth an der Donau
- July 13 : Consecration of Willehad as bishop over Wigmodi , Laras, Riustri, Asterga, Nordendi and Wanga (on the lower Weser and between the mouth of the Weser and Ems)
- September 24th : The Second Council of Nicaea begins. This seventh ecumenical council was convened by the regent Irene to clarify the question of the veneration of images . The council ends on October 23rd . With the conditional admission of worship and the prohibition of worship, the iconoclast is essentially settled.
- Richulf becomes Archbishop of Mainz . He is the successor to Lullus, who died the previous year .
- Hildebold becomes Bishop of Cologne .
- Charlemagne visits the Monte Cassino monastery . He is accompanied by Paulus deacon , who withdraws to the monastery.
- Al-Amin , Abbasid Caliph († 813 )
- Li Deyu , Chinese politician († 850 )
- around 787: Albumasar , Persian mathematician, astronomer and astrologer († 886 )
- 787 or 788 : July 7th : Willibald von Eichstätt , first bishop of Eichstätt (* around 700 )
- Agilfried , Bishop of Liege
- Arichis II , Duke of Benevento (* around 734 )
- Hyecho , Korean Buddhist monk (* 704 )
- Maurizio Galbaio , Doge of Venice
Commons : 787 - Collection of pictures, videos and audio files