Calendar overview 704
|Cenred succeeds Æthelred as King of Mercia .|
|704 in other calendars|
|Armenian calendar||152/153 (turn of the year July)|
|Buddhist calendar||1247/48 (southern Buddhism); 1246/47 (alternative calculation according to Buddhas Parinirvana )|
|Chinese calendar||56th (57th) cycle|
|Chula Sakarat (Siam, Myanmar) / Dai calendar (Vietnam)||66/67 (turn of the year April)|
|Islamic calendar||84/85 (turn of the year 13/14 January)|
|Jewish calendar||4464/65 (September 3-4)|
ab urbe condita MCDLVII (1457)
Era of Diocletian 420/421
|Seleucid era||Babylon: 1014/15 (turn of the year April)
Syria: 1015/16 (turn of the year October)
|Vikram Sambat (Nepalese Calendar)||760/761 (turn of the year April)|
- May 1 : A deed of donation from Duke Hedan II of Thuringia to the Anglo-Saxon Bishop Willibrord of Utrecht, issued in Würzburg , mentions place names in today's Thuringia for the first time : Arnstadt , Mühlberg and Großmonra .
- Æthelred , King of Mercia , abdicates. He goes to a monastery as a monk. He will be succeeded by Cenred .
- The few months old Khri-lde gTsug-brtsan becomes the new Tibetan king.
- Irmina von Oeren gives Willibrord the Villa Steinheim .
- In a document of the monastery Echternach is Köwerich mentioned in Trier for the first time.
- The French place Le Pecq is the first time in a document of the Frankish King Childebert III. mentioned.