Calendar overview 706
|Tiberios II , former emperor of Byzantium , is executed.|
|706 in other calendars|
|Armenian calendar||154/155 (turn of the year July)|
|Buddhist calendar||1249/50 (southern Buddhism); 1248/49 (alternative calculation according to Buddha's Parinirvana )|
|Chinese calendar||56th (57th) cycle|
|Chula Sakarat (Siam, Myanmar) / Dai calendar (Vietnam)||68/69 (turn of the year April)|
|Islamic calendar||87/88 (turn of the year 11/12 December)|
|Jewish calendar||4466/67 (September 12/13)|
from urbe condita MCDLIX (1459)
Diocletian's era 422/423
|Seleucid era||Babylon: 1016/17 (turn of the year April)
Syria: 1017/18 (turn of the year October)
|Vikram Sambat (Nepalese Calendar)||762/763 (turn of the year April)|
Politics and world events
- Battle of Bamburh: Osred I defeats King Eadwulf of Northumbria and becomes his successor.
- Nechton mac Derelei becomes King of the Picts ; he tries to maintain friendly relations with the Anglo-Saxons .
First documentary mentions
- Tonndorf in Thuringia is mentioned as Tunecdorf.
- around 706: The stone Marienkapelle is consecrated on the Würzburg Marienberg.
- February 15 : Leontios , Emperor of Byzantium
- February 15 : Tiberios II Apsimaros, Emperor of Byzantium
- Bosa , Bishop of York, saint (* around 676 )
- Gisulf I , Duke of Benevento