Calendar overview 705
|Justinian II becomes again Byzantine emperor.|
|705 in other calendars|
|Armenian calendar||153/154 (turn of the year July)|
|Buddhist calendar||1248/49 (southern Buddhism); 1247/48 (alternative calculation according to Buddhas Parinirvana )|
|Chinese calendar||56th (57th) cycle|
|Chula Sakarat (Siam, Myanmar) / Dai calendar (Vietnam)||67/68 (turn of the year April)|
|Islamic calendar||85/ 86 /87 (Year 1-2 January. // 22/23. December)|
|Jewish calendar||4465/66 (23/24 September)|
ab urbe condita MCDLVIII (1458)
Diocletian's era 421/422
|Seleucid era||Babylon: 1015/16 (turn of the year April)
Syria: 1016/17 (turn of the year October)
|Vikram Sambat (Nepalese Calendar)||761/762 (turn of the year April)|
Politics and world events
- Justinian II becomes ruler of Byzantium again ; he replaces Tiberios II . Justinian has his two predecessors Tiberios and Leontios as well as the patriarch Kallinikos I , who welcomed the fall of Justinian at the end of his first term, murdered.
Other events in Europe
- 703 or 705: Faroald II becomes Duke of Spoleto .
- After Aldfrith's death , Eadwulf becomes the new king of Northumbria .
- October 8 : al-Walid I becomes caliph in Damascus . He succeeds Abd al-Malik in office.
- Resumption of the expansion policy of the Arabs on the Persian eastern border
Empire of China
- After the death of Empress Wu Zetian , the Tang dynasty in the Empire of China is restored with Emperor Zhonzong ; the de facto ruler is Wei, the emperor's wife.
- March 1st : John VII. Succeeds John VI. elected pope .
- After the death of his uncle Basinus on March 4th, Liutwin becomes Bishop of Trier .
- Cyrus becomes Patriarch of Constantinople as successor to Kallinikos I.
- Hubertus becomes Bishop of Liège as the successor to the murdered Lambertus .
- John of Beverley becomes Bishop of York .
Date of death secured
- January 11th : John VI. , Pope
- March 4th : Basinus of Trier , Bishop of Trier, saint
- July 7th : Hedda , Bishop of Wessex, saint
- October 4 : Abd al-Malik , Ummayyad caliph (* 646 )
- December 14th : Aldfrith , King of Northumbria
- December 16 : Wu Zetian , Chinese Empress (* 625 )