Calendar overview 801
|Louis the Pious conquered Barcelona from the Moors .||
Berà becomes the first
Count of Barcelona .
|801 in other calendars|
|Armenian calendar||249/250 (turn of the year July)|
|Buddhist calendar||1344/45 (southern Buddhism); 1343/44 (alternative calculation according to Buddha's Parinirvana )|
|Chinese calendar||58th (59th) cycle|
|Chula Sakarat (Siam, Myanmar) / Dai calendar (Vietnam)||163/164 (turn of the year April)|
|Iranian calendar||179/180 (around March 21)|
|Islamic calendar||184/185 (January 19-20)|
|Jewish calendar||4561/62 (September 12/13)|
ab urbe condita MDLIV (1554)
Diocletian's era : 517/518 (New Year November)
|Seleucid era||Babylon: 1111/12 (turn of the year April)
Syria: 1112/13 (turn of the year October)
|Vikram Sambat (Nepalese Calendar)||857/858 (turn of the year April)|
Politics and world events
- April 3rd (?): Louis the Pious conquers Barcelona from the Moors . Berà , the son of Wilhelm of Aquitaine , is installed as the first Count of Barcelona .
- King Eardwulf of Northumbria invades Mercia , whose king Cenwulf has granted Eardwulf's opponents asylum.
- Charlemagne founded the Spanish Mark as a buffer zone against the Moors .
- In the battle of Dulu , troops of the Arab Empire (Dashi) and the Tibetans (Tubo) surrender to the army of the Chinese Tang Dynasty . Numerous captured Muslims subsequently settled in the Yunnan area.
First documentary mentions
- June 11th : Regau ( Repagove ) is mentioned for the first time in the Mondsee Traditionscodex , a collection of important documents and manuscripts on the history of Eastern Bavaria, Salzburg and Upper Austria .
- June 21 : Kissingen is first mentioned in a document as "chizzicha" in a deed of donation that has since disappeared .
- September 12th : Wiesloch is first mentioned in the Lorsch Codex as "Wezzinloch" .
- Heddernheim is first mentioned in a document as "Phetterenheim" .
- Olzheim is first mentioned in the Liber aureus Prumiensis as "Ulmezum" .
- Wulfheard is ordained Bishop of Hereford as the successor to the late Utel and takes office that same year.
- Rabanus Maurus becomes head of the Fulda monastery school . In the following years his students included Lupus von Ferrières , Gottschalk von Orbais , Walahfrid Strabo and Otfried von Weißenburg .
- Accompanied by Isaak from Aachen , Abul Abbas sets out from Baghdad to be the first elephant north of the Alps to be given as a gift to Charlemagne by Caliph Hārūn ar-Raschīd of the Abbasid family .