Calendar overview 751
|Soissons , Pippin the Younger is anointed King of the Franks .|
|751 in other calendars|
|Armenian calendar||199/200 (turn of the year July)|
|Buddhist calendar||1294/95 (southern Buddhism); 1293/94 (alternative calculation according to Buddhas Parinirvana )|
|Chinese calendar||57th (58th) cycle|
|Chula Sakarat (Siam, Myanmar) / Dai calendar (Vietnam)||113/114 (turn of the year April)|
|Iranian calendar||129/130 (around March 21)|
|Islamic calendar||133/134 (July 29/30)|
|Jewish calendar||4511/12 (September 24/25)|
from urbe condita MDIV (1504)
Diocletian's era : 467/468 (New Year November)
|Seleucid era||Babylon: 1061/62 (turn of the year April)
Syria: 1062/63 (turn of the year October)
|Vikram Sambat (Nepalese Calendar)||807/808 (turn of the year April)|
Politics and world events
- November: At the Imperial Assembly in Soissons , Pippin the Younger is likely anointed King of the Franks by Chrodegang after Pope Zacharias has signaled his approval. The last Merovingian shadow king Childerich III. is deposed by Pippin and put into the monastery.
- Aistulf , King of the Lombards , conquered Ravenna and Romagna from Byzantium . This means the end of the Ravenna Exarchate .
- July / August: In the battle of the Talas (east of Samarkand ) the Muslims of the Abbasid caliphate under General Ziyad ibn Salih defeat the Chinese of the Tang dynasty in an alliance with several Turkish tribes such as the Karluks and thereby claim their conquests in Transoxania / Mawarannahr. Knowledge of papermaking is said to have reached the Arab world through Chinese prisoners .
Religion and culture
- May 9th : At the time of ruler K'inich Kan Balam III. celebrations are celebrated in the Maya city of Palenque at the end of a calendar cycle ( long count 22.214.171.124.0, calendar round 2 Ahaw 13 sec).
- Theodore succeeds Theophylact as Patriarch of Antioch .
- The Fulda monastery is exempted , i.e. directly subordinated to the Pope and not to the Mainz (arch) diocese. For which is still under construction monastery Archbishop obtains Boniface by Pope Zacharias the so-called Zacharias privilege to protect against unsolicited intervention of church officials.