Abd ar-Rahman I crossed to Andalusia ,
where he founded the Emirate of Córdoba in 756 .
|755 in other calendars|
|Armenian calendar||203/204 (turn of the year July)|
|Buddhist calendar||1298/99 (southern Buddhism); 1297/98 (alternative calculation according to Buddhas Parinirvana )|
|Chinese calendar||57th (58th) cycle|
|Chula Sakarat (Siam, Myanmar) / Dai calendar (Vietnam)||117/118 (turn of the year April)|
|Iranian calendar||133/134 (around March 21)|
|Islamic calendar||137/138 (June 15/16)|
|Jewish calendar||4515/16 (September 10-11)|
from urbe condita MDVIII (1508)
Diocletian's era : 471/472 (turn of the year November)
|Seleucid era||Babylon: 1065/66 (turn of the year April)
Syria: 1066/67 (New Year October)
|Vikram Sambat (Nepalese Calendar)||811/812 (turn of the year April)|
Politics and world events
- Spring: King Pippin the Younger moves across the Alps to Italy against the Longobards under King Aistulf . These are besieged in Pavia . Aistulf then promises to return the territories he has conquered to the Pope . Pippin is satisfied with that and returns to the Franconian Empire .
- August: Abd ar-Rahman I , the last survivor of the Umayyad , who from the snares of Abbasid - Caliph fled to North Africa, continues to Andalusia on where he wants to build its own rule.
After the Frankish king Pippin the Younger conquered Ravenna and forced Aistulf to recognize the Frankish suzerainty, with which the exarchate of Ravenna passed to the Pope, the Venetians , who were allied with the Lombards, suddenly find themselves in an isolated and extremely endangered situation and revolt against the Doge Diodato Ipato. The Byzantine partisan Galla Lupanio sat at the head of the revolt . Diodato Ipato is deposed, blinded and chased away, Galla becomes the fifth Doge of Venice .
Empire of China
- December 16 : Military Governor An Lushan triggers the An Lushan rebellion against the Tang Dynasty in China .
First documentary mentions
- Lul becomes bishop in Mainz as the successor to Boniface, who was murdered in Friesland the previous year . The Diocese of Erfurt , founded by Boniface, is dissolved, like the Diocese of Büraburg , and incorporated into the Diocese of Mainz.
- Famine in central China due to drought and floods fueled the An Lushan rebellion .
- Abu Muslim , Persian national hero and resistance fighter (* around 700 )
- Burkard , Bishop of Würzburg (* 683 )
- June 5, 754 or 755: Bonifatius , "Apostle of the Germans", missionary and church reformer in the Franconian Empire (* around 673 )