Calendar overview 758
|Arichis II becomes the new Duke of Benevento .|
|758 in other calendars|
|Armenian calendar||206/207 (turn of the year July)|
|Buddhist calendar||1301/02 (southern Buddhism); 1300/01 (alternative calculation according to Buddha's Parinirvana )|
|Chinese calendar||57th (58th) cycle|
|Chula Sakarat (Siam, Myanmar) / Dai calendar (Vietnam)||120/121 (turn of the year April)|
|Iranian calendar||136/137 (around March 21)|
|Islamic calendar||140/141 (May 13-14)|
|Jewish calendar||4518/19 (September 8/9)|
from urbe condita MDXI (1511)
Diocletian's era : 474/475 (turn of the year November)
|Seleucid era||Babylon: 1068/69 (turn of the year April)
Syria: 1069/70 (New Year October)
|Vikram Sambat (Nepalese Calendar)||814/815 (turn of the year April)|
Politics and world events
- In his 2nd campaign against the Saxons , Pippin the Younger forced annual tribute payments from 300 horses to Francs.
- The Lombard king Desiderius subdues the two duchies of Spoleto and Benevento . He makes Arichis II the new Duke of Benevento, who is the successor of Liutprand .
- Oswulf becomes King of Northumbria as the successor to Eadberht .
- Cancor becomes Graf im Breisgau .
- Abu l-Chattab al-Maafiri , Imam of the Berber Ibadites , conquered the province of Ifrīqiya (today's Tunisia ) and appointed the Persian Ibn Rustam, the founder of the Rustamid dynasty, as governor in the provincial capital of Kairuan .
- Junnin becomes Tennō of Japan . It follows the Kōken- tennō.
- Victory of the Uyghurs over the Kyrgyz people
- When an uprising in the Chinese canton (today Guangzhou ) was put down by Persian mercenaries, they allied themselves with local Arab merchants, plundered the city and brought rich booty to their homeland on ships.