Calendar overview 745
second Türk Kaganat of the Gök Turks is going under.
The Uyghur Kaganat takes its place .
|745 in other calendars|
|Armenian calendar||193/194 (turn of the year July)|
|Buddhist calendar||1288/89 (southern Buddhism); 1287/88 (alternative calculation according to Buddha's Parinirvana )|
|Chinese calendar||57th (58th) cycle|
|Chula Sakarat (Siam, Myanmar) / Dai calendar (Vietnam)||107/108 (turn of the year April)|
|Iranian calendar||123/124 (around March 21)|
|Islamic calendar||127/128 (October 2/3)|
|Jewish calendar||4505/06 (September 1st / 2nd)|
from urbe condita MXDVIII (1498)
Diocletian's era : 461/462 (November turn of the year)
|Seleucid era||Babylon: 1055/56 (turn of the year April)
Syria: 1056/57 (New Year October)
|Vikram Sambat (Nepalese Calendar)||801/802 (turn of the year April)|
Politics and world events
Asia and North Africa
- The fall of the Second Gök-Turkish Empire, whose last Khan Bomei is murdered. The Uighur Empire takes its place in the east . In the west, the Karluken become self-employed.
- Islamic expansion : Caliph Ibrahim from the Umayyad dynasty is overthrown by Marwan II .
- Waifar becomes Duke of Aquitaine as the successor to Hunold , who is put into the monastery.
- Dürnten is first mentioned in a document.
- The Mainz bishop Gewiliobus is deposed because he has practiced personal blood revenge. His successor was Boniface , who was given the title of Archbishop for himself from 747 .
- Virgilius becomes Bishop of Salzburg and replaces John I.
- Agilolf becomes Bishop of Cologne .
- A council held under the direction of Pope Zacharias appoints Raphael , Michael and Gabriel as archangels , but not Uriel .
- Boniface has the bones of the canonized Disibod buried in the newly built Disibodenberg monastery, which will be the center of the mission in the Nahe region .