Calendar overview 741
Karl Martell divided the Franconian Empire
between his sons Karlmann and Pippin .
|Karl Martell dies in the same year .|
|741 in other calendars|
|Armenian calendar||189/190 (turn of the year July)|
|Buddhist calendar||1284/85 (southern Buddhism); 1283/84 (alternative calculation according to Buddhas Parinirvana )|
|Chinese calendar||57th (58th) cycle|
|Chula Sakarat (Siam, Myanmar) / Dai calendar (Vietnam)||103/104 (turn of the year April)|
|Iranian calendar||119/120 (around March 21)|
|Islamic calendar||123/124 (November 14-15)|
|Jewish calendar||4501/02 (September 15/16)|
from urbe condita MXDIV (1494)
Diocletian's era : 457/458 (turn of the year November)
|Seleucid era||Babylon: 1051/52 (turn of the year April)
Syria: 1052/53 (turn of the year October)
|Vikram Sambat (Nepalese Calendar)||797/798 (turn of the year April)|
Politics and world events
- June 18 : After the death of Emperor Leo III. by Byzantium , Constantine V of the Syrian dynasty succeeds him. Artabasdos rises against him to become the anti -emperor. He attacks him during a campaign against the Arabs in Anatolia and then explains that Constantine was killed in this battle. Artabasdos makes his younger son Nikephorus co-emperor and entrusts his older son Nicetas with the supreme command of the army. Meanwhile Constantine fled to the mountains of Isauria , where he gathered the Asiatic part of the Byzantine army around him.
- October 22nd : After the death of Karl Martell , the Franconian Empire is divided between his two sons Pippin and Karlmann . Karlmann becomes a housekeeper in Australia , Alemannia and Thuringia , and Pippin becomes a housekeeper in Neustria , Burgundy and Provence . The half-brother Grifo , with whom they do not want to share their inheritance, will be locked in a monastery by Karlmann, as will his mother Swanahild at the end of the year .
First documentary mentions
- First mention of the Lake Zurich islands Ufenau and Lützelau
- First mention of Heilbronn , Michelstadt , Bad Windsheim , Burgbernheim and Königsfeld
- First mention of Bäretswil (today municipality in the canton of Zurich in Switzerland) as Berofovilare
- First mention of Mönchaltorf (today municipality in the canton of Zurich in Switzerland) and Villa Altorf
- December 3rd : Zacharias is the successor of Gregory III , who died on November 28th . elected pope .
- December 10th : Zacharias , the last Greek so far, is enthroned as Pope .
- Establishment of dioceses in Würzburg ( Burkard ), Eichstätt ( Willibald ), Büraburg ( Witta ) and Erfurt ( Adalar ).
- Duke Odilo von Baiern founds Niederaltaich Monastery . The first abbot there, Eberswind, probably wrote the Lex Baiuvariorum , the first Bavarian national law.
- The Remigius Church of Ingelheim is first mentioned.
- around 741: Pirminius founds the Hornbach monastery .
Date of death secured
- June 18 : Leo III. , Emperor of Byzantium (* around 680 )
- October 15 or 22 : Karl Martell , Franconian house man (* around 689 )
- November 28th : Gregory III. , Pope
- December 3 : Attala , abbess in Strasbourg, saint (* around 690 )
Died around 741
- Sigebald , Bishop of Metz