Calendar overview 727
|Theudebald drives Bishop Pirminius out of Reichenau .||
becomes the third Doge of Venice .
|727 in other calendars|
|Armenian calendar||175/176 (turn of the year July)|
|Buddhist calendar||1270/71 (southern Buddhism); 1269/70 (alternative calculation according to Buddhas Parinirvana )|
|Chinese calendar||57th (58th) cycle|
|Chula Sakarat (Siam, Myanmar) / Dai calendar (Vietnam)||89/90 (turn of the year April)|
|Iranian calendar||105/106 (around March 21)|
|Islamic calendar||108/109 (April 27-28)|
|Jewish calendar||4487/88 (September 19-20)|
from urbe condita MCDLXXX (1480)
Diocletian's era : 443/444 (November turn of the year)
|Seleucid era||Babylon: 1037/38 (turn of the year April)
Syria: 1038/39 (turn of the year October)
|Vikram Sambat (Nepalese Calendar)||783/784 (turn of the year April)|
Politics and world events
- Alemanni Duke Theudebald drives Bishop Pirminius out of hatred against Karl Martell from the Benedictine monastery in Reichenau .
- Orso Ipato becomes the third Doge of Venice . The first freely chosen doge follows Marcello Tegalliano, who died last year .
science and technology
- around 727: The late Merovingian chronicle Liber Historiae Francorum is created. It consists of 53 chapters and mainly deals with the neustrian area.
- The Murbach Monastery is founded by St. Pirminius .
- On the initiative of Count Ruthard (possibly an early Guelph ) the Gengenbach Monastery is founded.
- May 30th : Hubertus von Lüttich , Bishop of Maastricht and Lüttich (* around 655 )
- Yi Xing , Chinese scientist (* 683 )