Calendar overview 732
Franks under Karl Martell
defeat the Arabs in the battle of Tours and Poitiers .
|732 in other calendars|
|Armenian calendar||180/181 (turn of the year July)|
|Buddhist calendar||1275/76 (southern Buddhism); 1274/75 (alternative calculation according to Buddhas Parinirvana )|
|Chinese calendar||57th (58th) cycle|
|Chula Sakarat (Siam, Myanmar) / Dai calendar (Vietnam)||94/95 (turn of the year April)|
|Iranian calendar||110/111 (around March 21)|
|Islamic calendar||113/114 (March 2/3)|
|Jewish calendar||4492/93 (September 24/25)|
from urbe condita MCDLXXXV (1485)
Diocletian's era : 448/449 (New Year November)
|Seleucid era||Babylon: 1042/43 (turn of the year April)
Syria: 1043/44 (turn of the year October)
|Vikram Sambat (Nepalese Calendar)||788/789 (turn of the year April)|
Politics and world events
- October 18 or 25 : In the battle of Tours and Poitiers , the Franks under Karl Martell defeat the Arabs and thus stop the Islamic expansion in the west. The Moorish general Abd ar-Rahman is killed in the battle.
- Islam in France : The Luxeuil monastery is destroyed by the Saracens .
- Alemanni Duke Theudebald drives Bishop Heddo out of hatred against Karl Martell from the Benedictine monastery in Reichenau .
- Gregorius becomes Duke of Benevento .
- The Tuscan town of Lari , which can already look back on Etruscan origins, is mentioned for the first time in a document.
- October: Abd ar-Rahman , Arab general