Albert von Goßler
Origin and family
Born as the fifth of six children of the Attorney General and Really Secret Senior Justice Councilor Conrad Christian Goßler (1769–1842) and Anna Charlotte Cuny (1780–1810). He came from the Goßler family and founded the first line of the noble family. His brother was among others the Prussian Chancellor Karl Gustav von Goßler (2nd line of the noble family), the District Administrator Eugen von Goßler (3rd line of the noble family) his stepbrother and the composer Clara von Goßler (1827–1864) his step-sister .
Albert von Goßler married Auguste Friederike Wilhelmine Luise von Lamprecht (1821–1887), daughter of Karl Friedrich Andreas von Lamprecht (1786–1824, colonel and director of the Royal Prussian Guard Corps in Berlin) in 1839 . His eldest son, Karl Ferdinand Konrad von Goßler (1841–1900) was the Royal Prussian District Administrator of the Gardelegen district and his other son, Martin Gustav Wilhelm von Goßler (1843–1898), became a Prussian lieutenant general .
Albert of Goßler studied at the Universities of Bonn and Berlin law . In 1826 he became a member of the Corps Borussia Bonn . After graduation, he became in 1828 Auskultator , trainee and 1835 Kammergerichts- assessors in Berlin . In 1835 he was appointed to the higher regional court in Magdeburg, where he also became a member of the revision board for the province of Saxony . In 1841 he was transferred to the Ministry of the Royal House as an unskilled worker . In 1843 he was Councilor in the district Liegnitz .
In 1846 he was called to the financially ailing Duchy of Anhalt-Köthen from the Prussian service as President of the State Directors' College (Head of Government) . In 1848 he became the so-called March Minister for the Duchy and it was amalgamated with the Duchy of Anhalt-Dessau in a general ministry for Anhalt-Dessau-Köthen. There he was minister of state in this overall ministry together with August Köppe and August Habicht and held the position of a real secret council . From July 1849 he was the sole head of the entire ministry and was supported by Albert Friedrich von Plötz . In 1850 he was the second award winner to become Commander 1st Class of the Duke of Anhalt House Order of Albrecht the Bear . In the same year he took part in the Dresden conference for Köthen .
In 1853 he was made an honorary citizen of Köthen.
After moving to Dessau, he stayed there until he left civil service in 1857. He then moved to the Zichtau manor , which he acquired in 1854 . In 1867 he became a conservative member of the Prussian House of Representatives for the Salzwedel and Gardelegen districts .
- Grand Officer of the Belgian Order of the Leopold
- Knight of the Royal Prussian Order of the Red Eagle , III. Class with a bow
- 1850: Duke of Anhalt House Order of Albrecht the Bear , Commander 1st class
- 1853: Honorary citizen of Köthen
- Gustav Gotthilf Winkel : Biographical corps album of Borussia in Bonn 1821–1928 . Aschaffenburg 1928, p. 35 f. (Accidentally misspelled here; digitized version ).
- Gothaisches genealogical pocket book of aristocratic houses: also nobility register of the associations united in the honorary association of the German nobility , part 2, J. Perthes , 1941, p. 188
- Rahel Varnhagen: Family letters . CH Beck, 2009, ISBN 978-3-406-58683-5 , pp. 1464 ( limited preview in Google Book Search).
- Gothaisches genealogical pocket book of the letter aristocratic houses - page - ULB Düsseldorf. P. 271 ff. , Accessed on March 26, 2018 .
- Official Journal of the Government in Potsdam . 1835, p. 148 ( limited preview in Google Book search).
- Tobias C. Bringmann: Handbuch der Diplomatie 1815-1963: Foreign Heads of Mission in Germany and German Heads of Mission abroad from Metternich to Adenauer . Walter de Gruyter, 2001, ISBN 3-11-095684-5 , p. 12 ( limited preview in Google Book search).
- Michael Kotulla: German Constitutional Law 1806-1918: A collection of documents and introductions . Springer-Verlag, 2006, ISBN 3-540-29289-6 , pp. 323 ( limited preview in Google Book search).
- Michael Kotulla: German Constitutional Law 1806-1918: A collection of documents and introductions . Springer-Verlag, 2006, ISBN 3-540-29289-6 , pp. 333 ( limited preview in Google Book search).
- Johann Friedrich Melchert: State and address handbook for the duchies of Anhalt-Dessau and Anhalt-Köthen . Ketz, 1851, p. 53 ( limited preview in Google Book search).
- Jonas Flöter, Günther Wartenberg: The Dresden Conference 1850/51: Federalization of the German Confederation versus power interests of the individual states . Leipziger Universitätsverlag, 2002, ISBN 3-935693-70-2 ( limited preview in the Google book search).
- Johann Friedrich Melchert: State and address manual for the duchies of Anhalt-Dessau and Anhalt-Köthen . Ketz, 1851, p. 52 ( limited preview in Google Book search).
|SURNAME||Goßler, Albert von|
|ALTERNATIVE NAMES||Goßler, Gustav Albert von (full name)|
|BRIEF DESCRIPTION||Administrative Lawyer, Real Privy Councilor and Minister of State|
|DATE OF BIRTH||February 10, 1807|
|PLACE OF BIRTH||Magdeburg|
|DATE OF DEATH||May 31, 1869|
|Place of death||Zichtau|