Berlin-Rummelsburg station (S-Bahn)
Main entrance on Nöldnerstraße
|Operating point type||Station part|
|Profile on Bahnhof.de||Berlin-Rummelsburg|
|City / municipality||Berlin|
|Place / district||Rummelsburg|
|Railway stations in Berlin|
The Berlin-Rummelsburg station (S-Bahn) is an S-Bahn station in the Berlin district of Rummelsburg in the Lichtenberg district . The at Märkischen Niederschlesisch railway preferred station is from the line S3 of the S-Bahn Berlin operated.
It is not to be confused with the station further east, also called Berlin-Rummelsburg , which used to be a freight station and is now used for the maintenance of long-distance trains. The S-Bahn station Betriebsbahnhof Rummelsburg is located in the area of that train station .
Location and structure
The S-Bahn station is located at 3.2 km of the Lower Silesian-Märkische Railway. Access is at the western end of the platform from Nöldnerstrasse and from the main street. The station has a central platform , but does not have an independent reception building; the necessary facilities for passenger handling were housed in the access structure. This is created within the viaduct on which the tracks run in this area. An elevator enables barrier-free access to the platform.
To the south of the S-Bahn station, the long-distance tracks of the Lower Silesian-Märkische Railway and the feeder track to the Rummelsburg depot run past.
Since the opening of the Frankfurt Railway in 1842 in the area of today's Karlshorster Strasse, there has been a stop or a “stop without side tracks” in Rummelsburg. In 1861 the Rummelsburg station was the starting point of the Boxhagener Coronation Railway . In the area of the train station, a cattle unloading point went into operation in 1867, which was accessible from today's Marktstrasse.
With the opening of the new Stralau-Rummelsburg station in the western part of today's Ostkreuz station on February 7, 1882, the stop was no longer needed. As a replacement for the residents, the new Kietz-Rummelsburg stop , east of today's Schlichtallee, went into operation on June 1, 1882 . In 1901 or 1902 the railway line was raised from the ground level to a viaduct and the station was moved to its current location. In addition, the bridges over Karlshorster Strasse to the west of the station were built. In 1914 the station was given the current name Rummelsburg .
From June 11, 1928, the first electric suburban trains stopped at the station; on December 1, 1930, they became the Berlin S-Bahn . As a result of the Second World War , the Reichsbahn ceased its S-Bahn operations in April 1945; it could only be resumed from January 5, 1948. In 1984 the station was given southern access to the main road.
Since spring 2016, train handling has been carried out by the driver using a driver's cab monitor (ZAT-FM).
As part of the renovation of the Ostkreuz station , the viaduct arches of the long-distance railway tracks and the entire track systems in this area were adapted. Due to this construction work, no S-Bahn trains stopped at the station from the end of August 2016 to August 2017, but drove past it south. With the commissioning of the final state at Ostkreuz station in November 2018, the BRH interlocking in Rummelsburg went out of operation, the signals are now connected to the Ostkreuz electronic interlocking and the train control system S-Bahn Berlin (ZBS) is in operation.
The S-Bahn station Berlin-Rummelsburg is served by the S3 line, which runs between Spandau and Erkner . In the immediate vicinity on Nöldnerstraße there is a bus stop and bicycle parking spaces, on the main street there is a transition to tram line 21. The following bus lines serve the S-Bahn station: bus lines 194, 240 and N94 of the Berliner Verkehrsbetriebe .
|Spandau - Stresow - Pichelsberg - Olympiastadion - Heerstraße - Messe Süd - Westkreuz - Charlottenburg - Savignyplatz - Zoological Garden - Tiergarten - Bellevue - Central Station - Friedrichstraße - Hackescher Markt - Alexanderplatz - Jannowitzbrücke - Ostbahnhof - Warschauer Straße - Ostkreuz - Rummelsburg - Rummelsburg depot - Karlshorst - Wuhlheide - Köpenick - Hirschgarten - Friedrichshagen - Rahnsdorf - Wilhelmshagen - Erkner|
- Rummelsburg station on stadtschnellbahn-berlin.de
- Station price list 2020. In: Deutsche Bahn. Deutsche Bahn, January 1, 2020, accessed on July 11, 2020 .
- Bernd Rosenke, Reinhard Demps, Ostkreuz - from the history of a S-Bahn station . In: vb-compress. Selected contributions to the history of traffic 3 , selected, edited and compiled by the editors “ Verkehrsgeschichtliche Blätter ”, Berlin 1987, pp. 15–27.
- Peter Bley, 150 years of the Berlin-Frankfurt / Oder railway. , Alba, Berlin 1982, p. 85.
- Jürgen Meyer-Kronthaler, Wolfgang Kramer: Berlin's S-Bahnhöfe / A three-quarter century . be.bra verlag, Berlin 1998. ISBN 3-930863-25-1 , pp. 248–249
- Official Journal of the Government in Potsdam: 1867 , p. 170.
- News in brief - S-Bahn . In: Berliner Verkehrsblätter . June 2016, p. 114 .
- approval decision PFA 2. ( Page no longer available , search in web archives ) Federal Railway Office, September 19, 2012 (PDF; 911 kB).
- One year no stop in Rummelsburg . In: point 3 . No. 16 , 2016, p. 11 ( online [accessed September 2, 2016]).
- News in brief - S-Bahn . In: Berliner Verkehrsblätter . No. 12 , 2018, p. 248 .