Detlef Briesen (* 1957 ) is a German historian .
In 1990 he received his doctorate at the University of Cologne and in 1998 he completed his habilitation at the University of Siegen ; he also worked at both institutions. In May 2008 he received his own position from the German Research Foundation (DFG) at the Justus Liebig University in Gießen and since October 2009 he has been teaching and researching as a private lecturer at the Department of Contemporary History there .
Briesen was visiting professor at the German Academic Exchange Service (DAAD) in Hanoi , at the University of Delhi , the University of Madras and the University of California, Los Angeles . In addition, he has been a DAAD advisor for Vietnam , Laos and Cambodia since 2011 .
He was responsible for various research projects - including for the Volkswagenwerk Foundation , the state government of North Rhine-Westphalia , the DFG , the DAAD , the European Union , the International Graduate Center for the Study of Culture (GCSC) and the Montan Regions Future Initiative (ZIM). His research focuses on regional , urban , scientific and cultural history topics, the history of globalization , urbanization and spatial planning as well as the history of South and East Asia since the Second World War .
- Detlef Briesen: Berlin - the overrated metropolis. About the system of German capitals from 1850 to 1940 . Bouvier Verlag , Bonn , 1992, ISBN 3-416-02337-4 .
- Detlef Briesen, Gerhard Brunn , Rainer Elkar , Jürgen Reulecke : Social and economic history of Rhineland and Westphalia . In the series: “Writings on the political regional studies of North Rhine-Westphalia”, Volume 9. Kohlhammer Verlag , Stuttgart , 1995, ISBN 978-3-170-13320-4 .
- Detlef Briesen: Department store, mass consumption and social morality. On the history of consumer criticism in the 20th century . Campus-Verlag , Frankfurt am Main , 2001, ISBN 3-593-36730-0 .
- Detlef Briesen: Drug Consumption and Drug Policy in Germany and the USA. A historical comparison . Campus-Verlag , Frankfurt am Main , 2005, ISBN 3-593-37857-4 .
- Detlef Briesen: The healthy life. Diet and health since the 18th century . Campus-Verlag , Frankfurt am Main , 2010, ISBN 978-3-593-39154-0 .
- Detlef Briesen, Jürgen Reulecke ( ed. ): Regional history. An approach to exploring regional identity . In the series: “Information on spatial development”, Volume 11. Federal Research Center for Regional Studies and Regional Planning , Bonn , 1993.
- Detlef Briesen, Klaus Weinhauer (guest ed.): Topic A: Contested spaces. Delinquent youth cultures in the second half of the 20th century . In: Hans Merkens , Jürgen Zinnecker (Hrsg.): Yearbook Youth Research, 5th edition . Vs Verlag für Sozialwissenschaften , Wiesbaden , 2005, ISBN 978-3-531-14801-4 , pages 13-90.
- Detlef Briesen, Jürgen Reulecke (Ed.): Historical determinants of spatial analysis . In the series: “Information on spatial development”, Volume 10/11, Federal Office for Building and Regional Planning , Bonn , 2007.
- Klaus Weinhauer , Detlef Briesen (Ed.): Youth, Delinquency and Social Change. Federal Republic of Germany and the USA after World War II . Klartext Verlag , Essen , 2007, ISBN 3-89861-637-1 .
- Wendelin Strubelt , Detlef Briesen (ed.): Spatial planning after 1945. Continuities and new beginnings in the Federal Republic of Germany . Campus-Verlag , Frankfurt am Main , 2015, ISBN 978-3-593-50306-6 .
|BRIEF DESCRIPTION||German historian and university professor|
|DATE OF BIRTH||1957|