East Asia is a sub-region in East Asia . Its borders with respect to the neighboring large areas are drawn differently.
|Long characters||東 亞細亞|
|Jyutping||dung 1 aa 3 sai 1 aa 3|
|Jyutping||dung 1 aa 3|
|Kanji||東 亜 細 亜A|
|Kanji||東 ア ジ アB|
|Kana||ひ が し ･ ア ジ ア|
|Kana||ひ が し ･ あ じ あ|
|Hiragana||と う あ|
|Quốc Ngữ||Đông Á|
|Quốc Ngữ||Á Đông|
Large model and small model
The geographical delimitation of East Asia is controversial. The “small” model includes that part of Asia that is under the influence of the extra-tropical monsoons . These include today's states of the People's Republic of China (with Hong Kong and Macau , but occasionally without Xinjiang , Inner Mongolia and Tibet ), Republic of China (Taiwan) , Japan , North Korea and South Korea . Vietnam is geographically included in Southeast Asia , but culturally belongs to East Asia.
In general, the term is now used to refer to the “small” model, which can also be defined in cultural and historical terms as that part of Asia that was shaped by Chinese culture (especially Chinese characters , Daoism , Confucianism , Mahayana - Buddhism , chopsticks ).
Northeast Asia as a broad term
Northeast Asia in the broader sense includes North Asia and East Asia , i.e. the entire Asian part of Russia (Siberia and the Far East) and Mongolia as well as China , Taiwan , Japan , North Korea and South Korea .
In a narrower sense , only the “real” northern East Asia is meant: China (occasionally only north of the Great Wall of China ), Japan, Taiwan , the Korean peninsula and the Far Eastern part of Russia .
In addition to the East Asian countries, the Southeast Asian countries as well as India, Australia and the USA are participating in the East Asia Summit (EAS).
The East Asian Community (EAC) is a planned trade bloc that includes the ASEAN Free Trade Area or the East Asia Summit (EAS).
Hans-Peter Bartels focuses on eight major conflicts in East Asia that threaten world peace.
The following states and territories are currently participating in the East Asian Games:
- People's Republic of China
- Hong Kong
- North Korea
- South Korea
- Chinese Taipei - Taiwan
East Asia was also called a Russian governorship , which existed between 1903 and 1905 and in Russian Dalni Wostok , d. H. Far East, was called. It consisted of the General Government of Amur , the Kwantung lease area and the rest of Manchuria .
- Database of indexed literature on the social, political and economic situation in East Asia
- YT channel with lots of old films from the region
- Term "東 / 东 - Dōng". leo.org , accessed February 15, 2020 (Chinese, German).
- term "亞細亞/亚细亚- Yaxiya". leo.org , accessed February 15, 2020 (Chinese, German).
- term "東亞/东亚- DongYa". leo.org , accessed February 15, 2020 (Chinese, German).
- Term "東 亜 細 亜 - higashi · Ajia". In: www.weblio.jp. Retrieved February 15, 2020 (Japanese).
- Term "東 ア ジ ア - higashi · Ajia". Wadoku , accessed February 15, 2020 (German, Japanese).
- Term "東 亜 - Tōa". Wadoku , accessed February 15, 2020 (German, Japanese).
- 東 아시아 古代 學 會 則 "Association for East Asian Antiquity - Rules". In: dongasia.co.kr. Retrieved February 15, 2020 (German, Korean, term "東 아시아 - East Asia").
- Hans-Peter Bartels: Look over the ocean! Marineforum 2-2015, editorial .