Kota Marudu District
|Kota Marudu District|
|Location of Kota Marudu District and City|
|density||34.6 Ew. / km²|
|District Officer||Lovita Koisun|
The Kota Marudu District is an administrative district in the Malaysian state of Sabah . The administrative seat is the city of Kota Marudu . The Kota Marudu District is part of the Kudat Division area to which the Kudat , Pitas, and Kota Marudu Districts belong.
The population of the Kota Marudu District is 68,289 according to the last census in 2010. It consists mainly of Dusun , Rungus , Bajau , Orang Sungai and Chinese (mainly Hakkas and Hokkien). As in many other districts of Sabah, there are significant numbers of illegal immigrants from the nearby Philippines , especially from Sulu and Mindanao , who are not recorded in the population statistics.
The administrative seat of the district is the city of Kota Marudu.
- KG Tregonning: A History Of Modern Sabah (North Borneo 1881-1963) , 2nd edition, University of Malaya Press, Kuala Lumpur, 1965, reprint 1967.
- Owen Rutter: British North Borneo - An Account of its History, Ressources and Native Tribes , Constable & Company Ltd, London, 1922.
- WH Treacher: British Borneo - Sketches of Brunai, Sarawak, Labuan and North Borneo , Singapore, Government print department, 1891.
- Population Distribution by Local Authority Areas and Mukims, 2010 (Census 2010) ( Memento of the original from February 27, 2012 in the Internet Archive ) Info: The archive link was inserted automatically and has not yet been checked. Please check the original and archive link according to the instructions and then remove this notice. (PDF; 368 kB), page 369
- Census 2010 for Sabah ( Memento of the original from November 14, 2013 in the Internet Archive ) Info: The archive link was inserted automatically and has not yet been checked. Please check the original and archive link according to the instructions and then remove this notice. (PDF; 1.9 MB), page 138, ed. from the Bureau of Statistics, Malaysia