During her apprenticeship as a beautician, she began training at the Krauss drama school . She started her career on Vienna stages at the age of 17 in Viennese cellar theaters. In the 1964/65 season she demonstrated her talent in Bronners Kabarett Theater am Kärntnertor and surprised her male colleagues with her comedic talent. This paved the way for her to numerous cabaret shows on television.
Leon Epp engaged her at the Vienna Volkstheater . There she belonged to the famous Nestroy Ensemble under Gustav Manker and played alongside Heinz Petters , Hilde Sochor , Brigitte Swoboda , Rudolf Strobl and Herbert Propst as well as in world premieres by Peter Turrini ( Rozznjogd , Die Wirtin , Der madste Tag ) under the Directed by Bernd Fischerauer .
Dolores Schmidinger made her film debut in 1970 in Frau Wirtin now drives it even better . In addition to a few other roles in film and television, she was mainly active on stage. She proved her versatility as a singer, cabaret artist and director and made her big breakthrough in 1990 with her cabaret program With the Guns (l) n a woman . The artist was able to record another great success with her Operation Punschkrapferl program . In this context, the critics spoke of [...] outstanding comedic ability as well as (socio-political) critical accuracy [...] .
In the 2008/2009 season she staged - as the third operetta after the beggar student and the gypsy baron - the bird dealer in the Großer Haus at the Linz State Theater , where she herself slips into the role of a professor (for the duet "I am the vice dean").
In addition to her job as an artist, Schmidinger is committed to combating violence and xenophobia as well as helping AIDS and others. a. as a model for a poster campaign entitled Be so sweet . The actors were photographed naked. She has her experiences with bulimia in her book Get it out! processed.
Dolores Schmidinger has two daughters, Therese (* 1979) with the director Helmut Froschauer and Sophie (* 1982) from his second marriage to Eric Andics (son of the Austrian journalist Hellmut Andics ). Her daughter Sophie Andics made her grandmother in 2000 through the birth of her son Leo. Schmidinger was married four times.
Cabaret and programs
- Cucumbers have no tears , 1977, Konzerthaus , Vienna
- When i go , 1977
- Always bins i , 1988, kuk Theater, Vienna
- With a woman's gun (l) n , 1990
- Die nackte Matrone 2 1/2 , 1992 Rabenhof Theater , Vienna (subsequent tour through the federal states)
- Onkel Dai's toilet door - bizarre newspaper reports and own texts, 1994, Rabenhof Theater
- Heil ist geil , 1995, Rabenhof Theater, Vienna (subsequent tour through the federal states)
- Domina on sale , 1997, backdrop , Vienna (subsequent tour through the federal states)
- The attempt of the old lady (Best of) , 1999, backdrop, Vienna
- In the beginning was the 'word' , 2000, backdrop, Vienna (played until December 7, 2001)
- Operation Punschkrapferl , 2002, Vindobona
- The dropout , 2003, Vindobona
- naughty , 2003, Vindobona
- Why call me Dolores , 2006
- Finally addiction-free! , 2009, directed by Robert Mohor
- I was over there , 2011, backdrop
From 1965 as a member of the Volkstheater , Vienna:
- Threepenny Opera , role of "Polly Peachum"
- The beautiful Helena
- Liliom , role of "Julie"
- Rozznjogd , role of "you"
- The greatest day
- the hostess
From 1979 as a member of the Theater in der Josefstadt , Vienna:
- Figaro is getting divorced , role of "Susanne"
- The talisman , role of "Salome Pockerl"
- Comedy of errors
- The cactus flower
- 40 carats
- Grillparzer in the porn shop , Rabenhof Theater, 1994
- Kasimir and Karoline , role of "Erna", 2005, Volkstheater Vienna
- Nice presents , role of "Emily", 2007, Wiener Kammerspiele
- Everyday stories , role + direction, 2007, Wiener Kammerspiele
- The Presidents , 2007, State Theater St. Pölten
- Cravings , 2008, Rabenhof Theater, Vienna
- The bird dealer , role of “Fr.Prof. Dr.Dr.Niete “, 2008, Landestheater Linz
- Cabaret , Theater an der Wien
- The apartment , Theater an der Wien
- The fourth commandment (Anzengruber) , role of the “Schalanterin”, Berndorf Festival
- I am from Austria , role Elfie Schratt, Vereinigte Bühnen Wien
- The beggar student , Lehár Festival Bad Ischl , 2005
- The Gypsy Baron , Lehár Festival Bad Ischl, 2008
- The bird dealer , Landestheater Linz , 2008
Movie and TV
- 1968: Danube Stories (TV series)
- 1969–1970: The Old Judge (TV series)
- 1970: Ms. landlady does it even better now
- 1973: Hello - Hotel Sacher ... porter! (TV series)
- 1973: Tatort - Woman Murder (TV series)
- 1975–1979: A real Viennese does not go under (TV series)
- 1978: crime scene - murder in hospital
- 1980: Ringstrasse Palace (TV series)
- 1981: How Bohemia was still with Austria
- 1981: Tatort - Murder in the Opera
- 1981: The Bockerer
- 1985: Tatort - The raw material of happiness
- 1991: I love Vienna
- 1994: Fear of heights
- 1996: Lamorte - by Xaver Schwarzenberger (TV movie)
- 1997: Black Flamingos
- 1997: Qualtingers Vienna
- 1998: The three mail robbers - by Andreas Prochaska
- 1999–2000: Kaisermühlen Blues (TV series)
- 2008: Real Viennese - The Sackbauer Saga
- 2009: The Fall of the Lemming
- 2010: Real Viennese 2 - The Deppat'n and the Gspritzt'n
- 2010: The crazy world of Ute Bock
- Out with it! Bulimia, an autobiographical guide , Orac, Vienna 1998
- I didn't count them, A naughty biography , Kremayr & Scheriau KG, Vienna, 2012
- In bed with the devil: a Viennese crime thriller , Amalthea Verlag, Vienna 2014, ISBN 978-3-85002-891-2
- 1967/1968: Karl Skraup Prize for the best young talent / supporting role
- 1975/1976: Karl Skraup Prize for best acting
- 1988: Nestroy ring
- 1994: Salzburg bull
- 1996: Ybbs joker
- 2003: Silver Medal of Honor for Services to the State of Vienna
- 2014: Gold Medal for Services to the State of Vienna
- Dolores Schmidinger in the Internet Movie Database (English)
- Dolores Schmidinger at filmportal.de
- Literature by and about Dolores Schmidinger in the catalog of the German National Library
- Biography on the website of the Austrian Cabaret Archive
- Upper Austrian news from November 4, 2008
- Upper Austrian News from November 3, 2008
- Upper Austrian news of October 29, 2008
- In an interview with the dramaturge Judith Deak from the Linz State Theater, the artist said that her father sang Adam in the bird dealer in the 1950s , but also played the role of one of the zoology professors (the little worms) - this would come full circle. While her school friends listened to rock 'n' roll, she herself studied her father's operetta piano reductions, and since her long-term memory becomes fresher with increasing age, this is very present. Landestheater Linz newspaper from November 2008.
|ALTERNATIVE NAMES||Schmidinger, Dolly (nickname); Andics-Schmidinger, Maria-Dolores (current full name)|
|BRIEF DESCRIPTION||Austrian actress and cabaret artist|
|DATE OF BIRTH||September 21, 1946|
|PLACE OF BIRTH||Vienna|