The 400SS is a motorcycle model from the Italian manufacturer Ducati .
The 350/400 SS models were mainly intended for the Japanese and Italian markets due to the driving license regulations in place there . Visually, they differ only slightly from the other models. Most noticeable is the 2-in-1 exhaust system (as it is also used on the 600) and the single-disc brake system.
- Year of construction: 1991-1993
- Cylinder: L2, 4 stroke
- Displacement: 350/400 cm³
- Cooling: oil / water
- Output: 26–34 kW / 36–46 hp
- Max torque: 33 Nm at 7500 rpm
- Empty weight: 173 kg
- Transmission: 6-speed
- Top speed: 180 km / h
- Carburetor: 38 mm Mikuni
- Tank capacity (with reserve): 17.5 liters