Deschanel is the daughter of the American- French cameraman Caleb Deschanel and the Irish-American actress Mary Jo Deschanel . Her younger sister Zooey is an actress and member of the band She & Him . Deschanel became a vegetarian at 16 , later a vegan , after watching a documentary about the meat and dairy industry at school.
Deschanel studied acting at Boston University . She made her film debut in 1994 with a minor supporting role in the film $ 2 Million Tip with Nicolas Cage and Bridget Fonda . She then made several guest appearances on television series such as Crossing Jordan - Pathologist with Profile and Law & Order: Special Victims Unit . In 2005 she took on the female lead, a forensic anthropologist, in the crime series Bones , which was filmed based on the motifs of US bestselling author Kathy Reichs . She was voiced by Ranja Bonalana . In episode 5x10 ( What's Left of the Christmas Man ), her sister Zooey has a guest appearance and plays her cousin. The series ended in 2017.
On September 25, 2010, Deschanel married actor and screenwriter David Hornsby in Los Angeles. The first son of the two was born on September 21, 2011, the second son on June 8, 2015.
- 1994: $ 2 million tip (It Could Happen to You)
- 2000: It's a Shame About Ray (short film)
- 2001: The Heart Department (TV movie)
- 2002: Stephen King's House of Doom (Rose Red)
- 2002: Law & Order: Special Victims Unit (TV series, episode 03x17)
- 2003: Easy
- 2003: On the Way to Cold Mountain (Cold Mountain)
- 2004: Alamo - The Dream, Fate, the Legend (The Alamo)
- 2004: Crossing Jordan - pathologist with profile ( Crossing Jordan , TV series, episode 03x10)
- 2004: Spider-Man 2
- 2005: Boogeyman - The Black Man (Boogeyman)
- 2005-2017: Bones ( Bones , TV series, 245 episodes)
- 2005: That Night (short film)
- 2005: Mute
- 2006: Game to Win (Glory Road)
- 2009: My Sister's Keeper (My Sister's Keeper)
- 2011: The Perfect Family
- 2014, 2019: Drunk History (TV series, 2 episodes)
- 2015: Sleepy Hollow (TV series, episode 3x05)
- 2019: Animal Kingdom (TV series, 12 episodes)
- Emily Deschanel Weds. on people.com, accessed September 29, 2010.
- Lenka Hladikova: Bones: Emily Deschanel is mother . Serienjunkies.de . September 22, 2011. Retrieved September 22, 2011.
- Esther Lee: Emily Deschanel Gives Birth, Welcomes Second Child With Husband David Hornsby . In: US Weekly . June 8, 2015. Accessed June 11, 2015.
|ALTERNATIVE NAMES||Deschanel, Emily Erin (full name)|
|BRIEF DESCRIPTION||US-american actress|
|DATE OF BIRTH||October 11, 1976|
|PLACE OF BIRTH||los Angeles|