Friedrich König (politician, 1933)
Friedrich König (born March 19, 1933 in Vienna ) is a former Austrian politician ( ÖVP ). König was a member of the National Council from 1970 to 1999 and, in between, was a member of the European Parliament for a short time .
After attending elementary school and secondary school, Friedrich König studied at the University of World Trade and Law at the University of Vienna , completing both studies with a doctorate. He then worked in both nationalized and private industries. At the Austrian Unilever he was in-house counsel .
Politically, he was Federal Chairman of the Young ÖVP from 1960 to 1972 . In the ÖVP Vienna he was district party chairman of the ÖVP Hernals until 1973 , after which he was a member of the Vienna state party executive. In federal politics he was club chairman of the ÖVP from 1987 to 1990 . In the EPP Group he was an observer in the European Parliament from 1990 to 1994. At the same time he was Deputy Head of the Austrian Delegation in the Council of Europe and Rapporteur for Romania and Bulgaria .
König was a member of the National Council from March 31, 1970 and held the office until October 28, 1999. Between 1995 and 1996 he was not a member of the National Council for a few months, but was a member of the European Parliament between January 1, 1995 and October 1, 1996.
Since 1973 he has been an honorary member of the Catholic student association KaV Danubia Vienna in the ÖCV .
- Large gold medal with the star for services to the Republic of Austria
- Large gold medal for services to the Republic of Austria
- Great Cross of Merit with a star
- Friedrich König on the website of the Austrian Parliament
- Entry on Friedrich König in the database of representatives of the European Parliament
- Radio reports with Friedrich König in the online archive of the Austrian Media Library
- Complete directory of the ÖCV 2004, IV - 47.
|BRIEF DESCRIPTION||Austrian politician (ÖVP), member of the National Council, MEP|
|DATE OF BIRTH||March 19, 1933|
|PLACE OF BIRTH||Vienna|