Fritz von Ostini
Fritz von Ostini graduated in 1880 Ludwigsgymnasium in Munich and started thereafter at the local university to study law. Following his literary and artistic inclinations, he soon switched to the Academy of Fine Arts in Munich and spent a few semesters studying with Professors Alois Gabl and Ludwig von Herterich . During his studies he became a member of the AGV Munich in the special houses association .
Ostini published occasionally while studying for the "Süddeutsche Presse". At the age of 26 (1887) he became a permanent employee of Münchner Neuesten Nachrichten and took over the editing of the feature pages .
When Dr. Georg Hirth founded the art and literary magazine Jugend in 1896 , Fritz von Ostini became its chief editor. He signed with “F. v. O. ”, for example the poem“ He was a king! ”About Ludwig II in“ Jugend ”No. 35/1902.
Von Ostini continued to write as an art consultant for the Münchner Neuesten Nachrichten and wrote articles for various art magazines.
Fritz von Ostini was married to Sophie Hohnhaußen and had three sons and one daughter.
- Big and Small, 1888
- Poor souls, stories and purrs, 1905
- German illustrators, 1906
- Swarming spirits, poems from time and chance, 1908
- The little king, 1909
- Munich in wartime, 1915
- Act and Guilt, 1919
- Happy childhood, 1921
- Princess Goldkind and the Magic Lily, 1922
- Wurstel-Peters moon trip, 1922
- Eduard Grützner , 1896
- Hans Thoma , 1900
- Fritz von Uhde , 1902
- Anselm Feuerbach , 1903
- Arnold Böcklin , 1904
- Anton Braith , 1905
- Franz von Defregger , 1905
- Wilhelm von Kaulbach , 1906
- Adolf Hölzel , 1907
- Wilhelm Busch , 1908
- Leo Samberger , 1910
- Hugo von Habermann , 1912
- Carl Spitzweg , 1912
- Paul Hoecker and his school, 1913
- Franz von Stuck , 1920
- Fritz Erler , 1921
- Edward Cucuel , 1924
- From Moritz von Schwind's Horn of Plenty, 1925
- Hans Pörnbacher: New German Biography (NDB). Volume 19, Duncker & Humblot, Berlin 1999, ISBN 3-428-00200-8 , pp. 628 f. ( ). In:
- Intellectual and artistic Munich in autobiographies / edited by W. Zils. Munich: Kellerer, 1913 ( WBIS )
- Literature by and about Fritz von Ostini in the catalog of the German National Library
- Works by and about Fritz von Ostini in the German Digital Library
- Fritz von Ostini in the Bavarian literature portal (project of the Bavarian State Library )
- Estate in the Bavarian State Library
- Otto Grübel, Special Houses Association of German Student Choral Societies (SV): Cartel address book. As of March 1, 1914. Munich 1914, p. 107.
|SURNAME||Ostini, Fritz von|
|ALTERNATIVE NAMES||Ostini, Friedrich Fabrizius Max Karl Freiherr von|
|BRIEF DESCRIPTION||German editor, writer, humorist and poet|
|DATE OF BIRTH||July 27, 1861|
|PLACE OF BIRTH||Munich|
|DATE OF DEATH||June 1, 1927|
|Place of death||Poecking|