Bubert grew up in his hometown Lüdenscheid and temporarily in Belgium . His mother is from Belgium; his grandmother is French. He first made a hairdressing training, which he completed with a journeyman's certificate. He attended the Zurich University of the Arts from 2001 to 2002 and then completed his acting studies at the Folkwang University of the Arts from 2002 to 2005 .
In the 2005/06 season he appeared at the Schauspielhaus Bochum in the Shakespeare comedy A Midsummer Night's Dream (director: Thomas Dannemann ) in the roles of Theseus and Oberon, for which he was awarded the Folkwang Prize in the “Performing Arts” category in 2005. From 2006 to 2008 he was engaged at the Schauspielhaus Düsseldorf , where he worked with directors such as Sebastian Baumgarten , Alexander Cröngen , Stefan Bachmann , Thomas Schulte-Michels and Luk Perceval .
From the 2008/09 season until the end of the 2016/17 season he was a permanent member of the ensemble at the Munich Volkstheater . There he played numerous leading and supporting roles in the classical and modern stage repertoire. He made his house debut there in September 2008 as Faust's seducer Mephisto in Faust I in a production and stage version by Simon Solberg . His other roles there included u. a. Prince Leonce in Leonce and Lena (2009, directed by Hanna Rudolph ), King Claudius in Hamlet (2009, directed by Christian Stückl ), McMurphy in One Flew Over the Cuckoo's Nest (2011, Simon Solberg), Werschinin in Three Sisters (2012, directed : Thomas Dannemann), Robespierre in Dantons Tod (2012, directed by Christian Stückl), the Magic King in Tales from the Vienna Woods (2013, directed by Christian Stückl), Brutus in Julius Caesar (2013, directed by Csaba Polgár ), Kasimir in Kasimir and Karoline (2015, director: Hakan Savaş Mican ) and the monastery brother in Nathan the Wise (2015, director: Christian Stückl).
In the 2013/14 season, Bubert played alongside Lenja Schultze as the overweight bride Sophie , the Bavarian King Ludwig II in the world premiere of the recital "Ludwig II" on the small stage of the Munich Volkstheater. The production was still on the program until March 2016. In the 2015/16 season he took on the male lead Frank in Lars Norén's play Demons at the Munich Volkstheater .
In 2016 Bubert received the AZ star of the Münchner Abendzeitung in the category “Best Actor” (Actor of the Year).
Since 2006 Bubert has also been in front of the camera regularly for the cinema and various TV productions. He made his cinema debut in Florian Mischa Böder's comedy Nothing Goes More (2007) , an "ironic story about rebellious young adults without political ideals" in which he played August, the older of two brothers who wants to stir up his hometown Bochum and together with his younger brother Konstantin ( Jörg Pohl ) blackened the most important traffic lights in the city overnight. In Sönke Wortmann's feature film Sommerfest (2017), he played the broker in a short scene with the main actor Lucas Gregorowicz .
In the film drama Zappelphilipp , which premiered on Das Erste in December 2012 , Bubert, alongside Bibiana Beglau , had a supporting role as the football-playing “pub acquaintance” Jarek. In Munich Police Call 110: Wetlands (TV premiere: November 2016) he was the stoner and marijuana planting "hobby gardener" Norbert Böhm.
He also had episode roles in the television series Klinik am Alex (2012), Notruf Hafenkante (2015, as a highly indebted investment banker and investment advisor Sebastian Ulmke, who wants to run off to Denmark with his son ), SOKO Munich (2017, as "Lover" Gunnar Markwart , with Stephanie Eidt as partner) and Hubert and Staller (2018, as Stefan Haider, a serious criminal from Vienna ). In the 17th season of the ZDF series SOKO Cologne (2019), Bubert took on one of the episode roles as a suspect architect whose construction manager was killed.
Bubert lives in Cologne .
- 2007: Nothing works anymore (movie)
- 2012: Klinik am Alex : Love goes through the stomach (TV series, an episode)
- 2012: Zappelphilipp (TV movie)
- 2014: Tatort: The Smile Sold (TV series)
- 2015: Emergency call on the edge of the harbor : Where is Dad? (TV series, an episode)
- 2016: Police Call 110: Wetlands (TV series)
- 2016: LenaLove (feature film)
- 2017: SOKO Munich : Cross Section (TV series, one episode)
- 2017: Summer Festival (movie)
- 2018: Hubert and Staller : (TV series, one episode)
- 2018: Kindergarten (short film)
- 2019: Winter's Tale (movie)
- 2019: SOKO Cologne : Topping-out ceremony (TV series, one episode)
- 2019: The War and Me (children and youth series)
- 2019: Fathers Home Alone: Mark (TV Series)
- 2019: We would be different people (TV movie)
- 2020: Heldt : Bochum Boys (TV series, one episode)
- 2020: Tatort: I cried in a dream
- Jean-Luc Bubert in the Internet Movie Database (English)
- Jean-Luc Bubert at Crew United
- Jean-Luc Bubert at filmmakers.de
- Jean-Luc Bubert - Vita (Agency)
- Jean-Luc Bubert at schauspielervideos.de. Retrieved April 26, 2018.
- Jean-Luc Bubert . Profile and vita at CASTFORWARD. Retrieved April 26, 2018.
- Münchner Volkstheater starts the new season with Goethe's "Faust" . Performance review. In: WELT AM SONNTAG of September 28, 2008. Retrieved on April 26, 2018.
- Premiere: "Ludwig II." in the Volkstheater . Performance review. In: Münchner Merkur from June 11, 2014. Retrieved April 26, 2018.
- Ludwig II - recital at the Munich Volkstheater . Performance review. Retrieved April 26, 2018.
- "Demons" at the Volkstheater: Soghaftes Spiel . Performance review. In: Münchner Merkur from April 19, 2016. Retrieved April 26, 2018.
- Award of the evening newspaper: Our best! - These are the AZ stars of the year . In: Münchner Abendzeitung from December 28, 2016. Retrieved April 26, 2018.
- Nothing works anymore . Picture gallery. In: Münchner Abendzeitung . Retrieved April 26, 2018.
- NOTHING WORKS ANYMORE . Plot, cast, production details and reviews. Programmkino.de. Retrieved April 26, 2018.
- Nothing works anymore . Trailer. Retrieved April 26, 2018.
- "Polizeiruf" from Munich: Me against the rest of the world . Photo gallery. Retrieved April 26, 2018.
- Hubert and Staller . Photo gallery. Retrieved April 26, 2018.
- SOKO Cologne | Topping-out ceremony . Plot and cast. Official website of the ZDF . Retrieved March 21, 2019.
|BRIEF DESCRIPTION||German actor|
|DATE OF BIRTH||1979|
|PLACE OF BIRTH||Ludenscheid|