Jenifer Brening (born December 15, 1996 in Berlin-Zehlendorf ) is a German singer and songwriter . She was a participant in the Sat.1 talent game show The Winner Is ... and the 11th season of Germany is looking for the superstar . Together with the Maltese singer Jessica Muscat , she represented San Marino at the Eurovision Song Contest 2018 in Lisbon .
Jenifer Brening was born in Berlin as the second child of the Russian-German couple Lilli and Eduard Brening . Their ancestors were Volga Germans . In 1992, her parents moved to Berlin with their brother ten years older. Shortly after her birth, the family moved from Berlin to a small village where Jenifer Brening attended kindergarten and elementary school. In 2010 the family moved to a small town near Ulm. There Brening visited six years the junior high school , at your high school attained. Then she attended grammar school and graduated from high school . Brening is studying international business administration .
At the age of five, Brening took ballet lessons for four years . From the age of eight, she took piano lessons for three years. She performed at family celebrations and uploaded the videos and cover videos of top international hits to YouTube . In 2010 she took part in the regional singing competition " Heidenheim sucht den Superstar" and took first place there. Brening also took part in Bravo Star 2011 in 2011 and was among the top 10. In 2012, she took part in the Sat.1 talent game show The Winner is ... , in which she reached the round of the last four. In 2014 she took part in the 11th season of Deutschland sucht den Superstar . Here she reached the recall.
On December 19, 2011, the song So something mustn't happen by the Heidenheim rapper White Night was released, in which Brening appeared as a featured artist.
On February 25, 2013 Brening's EP my sky with 5 cover versions of international hits was released under the label GSG Records.
Brening's first solo single Not That Guy was released on December 31, 2013. With this she won the EMMAward 2014 as Best Newcomer 2014. An acoustic version was then produced with the German-Swedish producer duo Eike & Kaz. Brening's second solo single A New Me was released on January 5, 2014, her third single Alive on January 14, 2014. All three songs were written by Stefan Moessle and Mathias Strasser and produced as download singles. Together with a cover from Wrecking Ball Brening's entries, they were for the wildcard for the preliminary decision of the German entry ( Our Song for Denmark ) for the Eurovision Song Contest 2014 .
On April 17, 2015, her first self-written single, ASAP , was released on the KHB Music label . The single Miracle followed on January 15, 2016, also via the KHB Music label , for which it was nominated in the Pop category at the Hollywood Music in Media Awards . On November 4, 2016, Brening's debut album Recovery was released , for which she composed and wrote all the songs herself. Previously, the single Remember was released on October 21, 2016 , with which it appeared in an unplugged version on January 12, 2017 in the ARD morning magazine. The fourth single Breathe from the album Recovery was released on April 7, 2017.
After a friend registered her with 1 in 360 , the San Marines preliminary decision for the Eurovision Song Contest 2018 , Brening reached the final there, where she took third place with her song Until the Morning Light . In addition, she took on the rap part in the song Who We Are by the Maltese singer Jessica Muscat in the finale , as the San-Marines rapper Irol Mc, who was originally intended for the rap part, had jumped at short notice. The two won the competition and represented San Marino in the second semi-final of the Eurovision Song Contest in Lisbon on May 10, 2018 , where they were eliminated. Until the Morning Light and Who We Are were released as download singles on March 30, 2018 by the GRS (Global Rockstar) label.
- 2012: The Winner is ...
- 2014: Germany is looking for the superstar
- 2017: ARD morning magazine
- 2018: 1 in 360
- 2018: Eurovision Song Contest
- 2013: My Sky (cover EP)
- 2016: recovery
- 2013: Not That Guy
- 2014: A New Me
- 2014: Alive
- 2014: Not That Guy (Eike & Kaz Radio Edit)
- 2015: ASAP
- 2016: Miracle
- 2016: Remember
- 2017: Breathe
- 2018: Until The Morning Light
- 2020: Wonderland
As a featured artist
- 2011: Something like that shouldn't happen (White Night ft. Jenifer Brening)
- 2018: Who We Are (Jessika feat.Jenifer Brening)
- 2010: Heidenheim is looking for the superstar (regional singing competition) - victory
- 2011: Bravo Star - Top 10
- 2012: The Winner is ... - semi-finals
- 2013: Germany is looking for the superstar 2014 (Season 11) - Recall
- 2014: Our song for Denmark (wildcard) - 11th place
- 2018: 1 in 360 - 3rd place with Until The Morning Light , victory as featured artist with Who We Are
- 2018: Eurovision Song Contest - semi-finals
Awards / nominations
- 2014: Awarded the EMMAward as Best Newcomer 2014 with the song Not That Guy
- 2016: Nomination for the Hollywood Music in Media Awards in the Pop category with the song Miracle
- KHB Music: Recovery. Retrieved March 8, 2018 .
- Jakob Stadler: In the footsteps of Nicole: Lauingerin takes part in the ESC. In: Augsburger Allgemeine. March 7, 2018, accessed June 6, 2018 .
- Elena Kretschmer: 100 percent singer: Jenifer Brening. In: NOISE. October 15, 2016, accessed December 13, 2019 .
- Phillippe Fischer: White Night ft. Jenifer Brening - something like that shouldn't happen. In: torial. January 20, 2014, accessed December 13, 2019 .
- Andreas Schwarzbauer: It was like flying. In: Augsburger Allgemeine. April 17, 2014, accessed June 6, 2018 .
- KHB Music: Jenifer Brening. Retrieved March 8, 2018 .
|BRIEF DESCRIPTION||German singer|
|DATE OF BIRTH||December 15, 1996|
|PLACE OF BIRTH||Berlin-Zehlendorf|