Karl Christoph Roeder von Diersburg
Roeder comes from Diersburg the old, for centuries Diers Burger Valley (municipality Hohberg ) in the Ortenau local noble family , which operates still lives there and viticulture. His parents were the Baden captain Karl [Franz Ferdinand Wilhelm Joseph] Roeder von Diersburg (1765–1800) and Maria Anna [Margarethe Katharina Viktoria Elisabeth] (born von Wulffen , 1172–1848). The Prussian lieutenant general and MP Baron Alexander von Wulffen (1784–1861) was his uncle. Roeder von Diersburg was first educated in the Allerheiligen monastery and entered the military service of the Grand Ducal Baden in 1806. Here and took part in the campaigns against Prussia from 1806 to 1807 , against Austria in 1809 and against France from 1813 to 1815 . He took his leave as captain 1st class. During his studies he became a member of the fraternity cooperative / association for the processing of scientific objects , from which the old Freiburg fraternity arose shortly afterwards . In 1830 he was appointed Grand Ducal Chamberlain of Baden , in 1833 he became a landlord member of the 1st Chamber of the Baden Estates . As an autodidact, he dealt with landscape and architectural painting. In 1823 he exhibited in Karlsruhe, among others, probably inspired by the Constance painters Joseph Mosbrugger , Franz Xaver von Riedmüller and Marie Ellenrieder , with whom he had a close and lifelong friendship.
- Ms. Cast: Röder von Diersburg . In: Historical and genealogical book of the nobility of the Grand Duchy of Baden . 2nd section, 1st volume. JF Cast, Stuttgart 1845, p. 151–155 ( books.google.de ).
- Roeder von Diersburg, Karl Christoph . In: Hans Vollmer (Hrsg.): General lexicon of fine artists from antiquity to the present . Founded by Ulrich Thieme and Felix Becker . tape 28 : Ramsden-Rosa . EA Seemann, Leipzig 1934.
- Catalog of newer masters: 19. u. 20th century. State Art Gallery Karlsruhe. Karlsruhe 1971, p. 200.
- Julius Kindler von Knobloch : Upper Baden gender book. Volume 3, Heidelberg 1919, p. 579 ( uni-heidelberg.de ).
- Helge Dvorak: Biographical Lexicon of the German Burschenschaft. Volume II: Artists. Winter, Heidelberg 2018, ISBN 978-3-8253-6813-5 , pp. 587-588.
- Karl Gundermann: The members of the old Freiburg fraternity 1816-1851. Freiburg im Breisgau 1984/2004, p. 7. ( burschenschaftsgeschichte.de PDF).
|SURNAME||Roeder von Diersburg, Karl Christoph|
|ALTERNATIVE NAMES||Roeder von Diersburg, Karl Christoph Freiherr; Röder von Diersburg, Karl-Christoph Georg Xaver (full name)|
|BRIEF DESCRIPTION||German landscape painter|
|DATE OF BIRTH||August 1, 1789|
|PLACE OF BIRTH||Offenburg|
|DATE OF DEATH||April 19, 1871|
|Place of death||Freiburg in Breisgau|