Neufang (stone meadows)
|Height :||589 m above sea level NHN|
|Residents :||732 (2019)|
|Incorporation :||May 1, 1978|
|Postal code :||96349|
|Area code :||09260|
Music home / community center
The parish village of Neufang is located around 15 kilometers northeast of the district town of Kronach in the Franconian Forest Nature Park on a ridge at around 580 meters above sea level . It developed as a historic village around the village church with a few other buildings in the center. The property, Dreiseit- and hook courtyards are gable sides focused on the Anger and the orbiting local streets. Starting from them, strips of land (so-called hooves) run parallel to the boundary. The two originally existing ponds no longer exist. Neufang has developed from a Rundanger village to a street village . The traffic development takes place through the district road KC 21 , which connects Neufang with the main town Steinwiesen and in a northerly direction with Tschirn .
Neufang emerged as a clearing settlement in the High Middle Ages . The place, which belonged to the bishopric of Bamberg , became the property of the electorate of Bavaria through the Reichsdeputationshauptschluss in 1803, together with the remaining areas of the bishopric of Bamberg .
In 1862 the rural community of Neufang was incorporated into the newly created Bavarian district office of Kronach . It consisted of eight places, the parish village Neufang, the hamlet Berglesdorf and deserts Fischermühle, Kübelberg, Leitsch, Lumpera, Rosslach and sheep and previously belonged to the district court Kronach . In 1871 the parish had 575 and the parish village 417 inhabitants. The Catholic Church and the Catholic denominational school were in the main town. In 1900 the 1073 hectare rural parish had 510 residents, all but one of whom were Catholic, and 92 residential buildings. The parish village had 398 inhabitants. Instead of Fischermühle and Rosslach, Obere and Untere Leitschneidmühle belonged to the municipality. In 1925 456 people, all of whom were Catholic, lived in 79 residential buildings in Neufang. The district of Lumpera no longer existed.
1950 the community had 661 and the parish village 527 inhabitants who lived in 79 buildings. The Protestant parish was in Unterrodach . The Lower Leitschneidmühle was no longer part of the community. In 1961, 491 people lived in 84 residential buildings in the main town. In 1970 the parish village had 487 inhabitants and the Obere Leitschneidmühle was no longer a district. In 1987 the two places Neufang and Berglesdorf had a total of 710 inhabitants in 153 residential buildings with 182 apartments. The former community had 739 inhabitants excluding the sheep farm.
In the course of the regional reform in Bavaria , the municipality of Neufang was incorporated into Steinwiesen on May 1, 1978 without the Schäferei district, which was incorporated into Wilhelmsthal .
In 2009 there were 20 commercial and craft businesses with 134 jobs in Neufang.
Catholic Church of St. Laurentius
In 1492 Neufang and Birnbaum were separated from the Steinwiesen parish and made a parish. After a previous church was demolished in 1626, the new church began according to plans by Giovanni Bonalino . After major construction defects had been remedied, the Bamberg Auxiliary Bishop Friedrich Förner consecrated the church on July 7, 1630 in honor of the holy martyr Laurentius . Fires in 1634 and 1918 severely damaged the church. The pulpit as well as the main altar and the two side altars were purchased around 1770. Two new bells were consecrated in 1950 and a new organ was installed in 1980. The facade of the hall church is divided into red, toothed corner cuboids. The four-story choir side tower has a pointed helmet. The main portal is decorated with the relief of the coat of arms of the Bamberg prince-bishop Johann Georg II. Fuchs von Dornheim .
- steinwiesen.de: Leben und Wohnen> Numbers, data and facts, population figures (probably for the former municipalities) (as of January 1, 2019).
- Kgl. Statistical Bureau (ed.): Complete list of localities of the Kingdom of Bavaria. According to districts, administrative districts, court districts and municipalities, including parish, school and post office affiliation ... with an alphabetical general register containing the population according to the results of the census of December 1, 1875 . Adolf Ackermann, Munich 1877, 2nd section (population figures from 1871, cattle figures from 1873), Sp. 1061 , urn : nbn: de: bvb: 12-bsb00052489-4 ( digital copy ).
- K. Bayer. Statistical Bureau (Ed.): Directory of localities of the Kingdom of Bavaria, with alphabetical register of places . LXV. Issue of the contributions to the statistics of the Kingdom of Bavaria. Munich 1904, Section II, Sp. 1056 ( digitized version ).
- Bavarian State Statistical Office (ed.): Localities directory for the Free State of Bavaria according to the census of June 16, 1925 and the territorial status of January 1, 1928 . Issue 109 of the articles on Bavaria's statistics. Munich 1928, Section II, Sp. 1090 ( digitized version ).
- Bavarian State Statistical Office (ed.): Official place directory for Bavaria - edited on the basis of the census of September 13, 1950 . Issue 169 of the articles on Bavaria's statistics. Munich 1952, DNB 453660975 , Section II, Sp. 940 ( digitized version ).
- Bavarian State Statistical Office (ed.): Official city directory for Bavaria, territorial status on October 1, 1964 with statistical information from the 1961 census . Issue 260 of the articles on Bavaria's statistics. Munich 1964, DNB 453660959 , Section II, Sp. 691 ( digitized version ).
- Bavarian State Statistical Office (ed.): Official place directory for Bavaria . Issue 335 of the articles on Bavaria's statistics. Munich 1973, DNB 740801384 , p. 159 ( digitized version ).
- Bavarian State Office for Statistics and Data Processing (Ed.): Official local directory for Bavaria, territorial status: May 25, 1987 . Issue 450 of the articles on Bavaria's statistics. Munich November 1991, DNB 94240937X , p. 311 ( digitized version ).
- Federal Statistical Office (ed.): Historical municipality directory for the Federal Republic of Germany. Name, border and key number changes in municipalities, counties and administrative districts from May 27, 1970 to December 31, 1982 . W. Kohlhammer, Stuttgart / Mainz 1983, ISBN 3-17-003263-1 , p. 690 .
- 23rd competition 2008 to 2010 "Our village has a future - our village should be more beautiful", p. 75 (PDF; 15.7 MB)
- https://pv-oberes-rodachtal.kirche-bamberg.de/medien/a693788a-3b6a-4485-949a-ac3f97afc20f/kirchenfuehrer.pdf?a=true Church leader St. Laurentius Neufang, 2005