Riede (Verden district)
|coat of arms||Germany map|
Coordinates: 52 ° 58 ' N , 8 ° 57' E
|State :||Lower Saxony|
|Joint municipality :||Thedinghausen|
|Height :||8 m above sea level NHN|
|Area :||27 km 2|
|Residents:||2821 (Dec. 31, 2019)|
|Population density :||104 inhabitants per km 2|
|Postal code :||27339|
|Area code :||04294|
|License plate :||VER|
|Community key :||03 3 61 010|
|LOCODE :||DE RDE|
|Community structure:||3 districts|
|Association administration address:||Braunschweiger Str. 10
|Mayor :||Jürgen Winkelmann ( SPD )|
|Location of the municipality of Riede (Verden district) in the Verden district|
Riede is a municipality in the Verden district in Lower Saxony , west of Thedinghausen between Bremen and Bruchhausen-Vilsen . The community belongs with Blender , Emtinghausen and Thedinghausen to the joint community Thedinghausen .
In addition to Riede, the villages of Heiligenbruch and Felde also belong to the municipality of Riede.
The name Riede comes from the valley sand areas of the Weser lowlands . Riede was founded on its northern edge. 1058 ride was first mentioned in a document. The Gothic St. Andrew's Church in Riede was built from brick around 1270 .
The parish was initially part of the old county of Hoya County . On July 1, 1972, the community moved to the district of Verden.
On July 1, 1972, the neighboring municipality of Felde was incorporated.
The council of the municipality of Riede consists of 13 councilors. This is the specified number for the member municipality of an integrated municipality with a population between 2001 and 3000 inhabitants. The council members are elected for a five-year term by local elections. The current term of office began on November 1, 2016 and ends on October 31, 2021.
The last local election on September 11, 2016 resulted in the following:
|Political party||Proportional votes||Number of seats|
The turnout in the 2016 local elections was 57.32%, above the Lower Saxony average of 55.5%.
The municipal council elected councilor Jürgen Winkelmann (SPD) as honorary mayor for the current electoral term.
coat of arms
The coat of arms of the municipality of Riede shows the Weser in silver running vertically through the middle. It shows a red sheep shear that is open at the top. To the left and right of it are two flowering cane plants ( reeds ) on a green background.
Sons and daughters of the church
- Anna Ahrens (1871–1960) was a Low German local poet . The Anna-Ahrens-Weg in Riede is named after her.
- Wilhelm Ziegeler (born January 18, 1891 - † August 5, 1958), German politician ( German party ), Senator for Finance for the Free and Hanseatic City of Hamburg
- Fritz Garvens (1934–2020), philologist, local researcher and author
- Hermann Greve : Bibliography of the district of Diepholz including the joint communities Harpstedt (district Oldenburg), Eystrup and Grafschaft Hoya (district Nienburg) and Riede (joint community Thedinghausen, district Verden). (Ed .: Landkreis Diepholz), Syke and Diepholz 1984 - XXXVIII and 453 pages (with 3505 titles)
- Fritz Garvens : Heimatbuch Riede, Felde, Heiligenbruch. Fritz Garvens, Riede 1996, ISBN 3-923965-05-2 .
- Fritz Garvens: Vineyards through the ages. Ed .: Heimatverein Samtgemeinde Thedinghausen, Thedinghausen 2005, ISBN 3-931699-10-2 .
- Fritz Garvens, Andreas Lechtape , Stefanie Klebe [Ill.] And Gudrun Müller [Ill.]: St. Andreas Riede. Schnell + Steiner, Regensburg 2012 (Small Art Guide No. 2803), ISBN 978-3-7954-6948-1 .
- Riede community on the website of the Thedinghausen community
- Historical postcards from the Thedinghausen - Riede community
- ↑ State Office for Statistics Lower Saxony, LSN-Online regional database, Table 12411: Update of the population, as of December 31, 2019 ( help ).
- ^ Federal Statistical Office (ed.): Historical municipality directory for the Federal Republic of Germany. Name, border and key number changes in municipalities, counties and administrative districts from May 27, 1970 to December 31, 1982 . W. Kohlhammer GmbH, Stuttgart / Mainz 1983, ISBN 3-17-003263-1 , p. 190 .
- ^ Lower Saxony Municipal Constitutional Law (NKomVG) in the version of December 17, 2010; Section 46 - Number of MPs , accessed on March 24, 2017.
- ↑ a b Riede municipality - overall results of the 2016 municipal council election , accessed on March 24, 2017.
- ↑ The CDU gets the most votes nationwide. September 12, 2016. Retrieved March 24, 2017 .
- ^ Riede local council , accessed on March 24, 2017.
- ↑ St. Andreas Church in Riede
- ↑ RIEDE Kr. Verden. Ev. St. Andrew's Church. In: Georg Dehio : Handbook of German Art Monuments . Bremen Lower Saxony. Deutscher Kunstverlag, Munich / Berlin 1992, ISBN 3-422-03022-0 , page 1127