Rutger van Otterloo
Rutger van Otterloo (* 1959 ) is a Dutch saxophonist who has made a name for himself in jazz and improvisational music.
Otterloo studied light music at the Conservatorium van Rotterdam . In the early 1980s he played hip styles in the trio Niew and in Han Buhr's The Schismatics (which also included Sean Bergin and Maartje ten Hoorn ), then in the funk-jazz formation Future Shock and at Il Gran Teatro Amaro . He was also part of big bands like Willem van Manens Contraband , Fra Fra Big Band , Rumbata Big Band , Drummers Double Bill , Bik Bent Braam , Corrie van Binsbergen Grote Brokken and David Kweksilber . He also played in the bands Nine Tobs and Cram and in a duo with Tatiana Koleva. As a saxophonist in Orkest De Volharding , of which he was a member for 25 years, he was also involved in world premieres of works by contemporary composers such as Paul Termos and Evan Ziporyn . In the field of jazz he was involved in 22 productions between 1978 and 2008.
In 1990 he was also responsible for the editing and sound of the television film Monas plen .
- Niew Hip Styles Heartsounds & Murmur (1985)
- Maiden Voyage Night In Torremolinos (BVHaast 1999)
- Drummers Double Bill SOS (BVHaast 2003, with Jan van Duikeren, Joost Buis , Alex Coke , Corrie van Binsbergen, Arjen Gorter , Arend Niks, Rob Verdurmen )
- Duo Koleva / Van Otterloo No Sugar Added (Novalinia 2008)
- van Otterloo / van Veenendaal No Trace (Brokken Records 2015)
- Rutger van Otterloo in the Internet Movie Database (English)
- Entry in the Muziekencyclopedie (Dutch)
- Rutger van Otterloo at Discogs (English)
- Rutger van Otterloo at Allmusic (English)
- ↑ 163 musicians from Chris Vadala to Petras Vysniauskas (Dutch). hepcat1950.com. Retrieved March 12, 2016.
- ^ Short biography van Otterloos (Dutch). davidkweksilberbigband.nl. Retrieved March 12, 2016.
- ↑ De Volharding spits for free UUR CULTURE: We hebben geen drums, we doen het met blazers. ( Memento of March 12, 2016 in the Internet Archive ) Interview with van Otterloo (2008) on veto.be.Retrieved on March 12, 2016.
- ↑ Tom Lord : List of musicians in the Jazz Discography (English). Retrieved March 12, 2016.
|SURNAME||Otterloo, Rutger van|
|BRIEF DESCRIPTION||Dutch saxophonist (jazz, improvisation music)|
|DATE OF BIRTH||1959|