Ulrich Kampffmeyer (born April 12, 1952 in Hameln ) is a German management consultant, author, publicist and archaeologist. Most recently, his main focus was in the area of audit-proof archiving , records management , document management and ECM enterprise content management . In this environment he dealt with the legal recognition of electronic document storage and compliance of information systems . He is particularly interested in organizational, cultural and social changes through the use of electronic information management through the replacement of paper, the change in working methods, new usage models and the preservation of digital knowledge.
Live and act
Ulrich Kampffmeyer attended elementary schools in Hamburg and Bielefeld as well as the grammar school in Oerlinghausen . He passed his Abitur in 1972 at the Schiller Gymnasium in Hameln. During his school days, he also obtained a diploma as a commercial correspondent in English at the Jahn language school. From 1973 to 1979 Ulrich Kampffmeyer studied Prehistory and Early History and Near Eastern Archeology at the Georg-August-Universität Göttingen as well as in the minor subjects computer science , soil science , art history and oriental studies . His degrees in Göttingen were a Magister Artium in 1978 and a doctorate in 1988. phil. From 1979 to 1981 he continued his studies in computer science and soil science at the Christian-Albrechts-Universität zu Kiel and graduated in 1982 with a degree in prehistoric studies. In 2000 he completed the international AIIM MIT Master of Information Technology in Silver Springs, Maryland, USA.
Kampffmeyer has lived in Hamburg since 1989. Since 1987 he has lived with Karin Begemann, who is the commercial director of his company and the company's second partner.
Teaching and Research
Since 1976 he has worked as a lecturer at the University of Göttingen parallel to his studies. The focus of his work was on excavation methodology and the use of scientific processes, as they were known at the time under the “ New Archeology ” approach . In Kiel from 1980 to 1982 he worked as a research assistant at the Institute for Prehistory and Protohistory at the Faculty of Natural Sciences at Christian Albrechts University. In addition to teaching, the focus of his work was on pedological methods for excavations and the use of electronic data processing in archaeological research and documentation . At the Fraunhofer Institute for Information and Data Processing IITB in Karlsruhe , he worked in various research projects from 1983 to 1987, initially as a research assistant and later as an independent entrepreneur. The focus of his activities were systems for image acquisition, image processing , pattern recognition , automatic classification and digital-optical storage systems for archiving . This included the ARCOS research project at the Fraunhofer Institute for the development of documentation and database systems for archeology. As part of these activities, he supervised several diploma theses at the technical universities in Karlsruhe and Braunschweig , was active in various projects on image understanding and knowledge management and dealt with the standardization of documentation systems for the preservation of historical monuments . In 2005/2006 he taught knowledge management at the MMC Multi Media Campus of the University of Kiel .
Since 1984 he has worked independently for various consulting companies in Germany and abroad as well as for several providers of image processing, archiving and document management systems. For this purpose the company Project Consult was founded in Wachenheim . From 1989 to 1992 he worked for ACS Systemberatung in Hamburg as a product and marketing manager. He was responsible for the design, marketing and worldwide sales of the Hyparchiv document management system as well as for several major projects with new key customers. In 1992 he resumed his consulting activities and established Project Consult Unternehmensberatung Dr. Ulrich Kampffmeyer GmbH as a management consultancy for information, archive, document, project, knowledge and process management. He is the managing director of Project Consult. Parallel to his activities as managing director and consultant, he was active in standardization committees, was involved in industry associations and supervised several theses. Ulrich Kampffmeyer works as a congress organizer, moderator, keynote speaker, speaker and seminar leader. He co-founded the “DMS EXPO” trade fair and conference and has accompanied this event as a member of the advisory board since 1994.
Associations and standardization bodies
From 1989 to 1994 he was active as a working group leader at the AWV working group for economic administration . In 1991 he founded the Association for Organizational and Information Systems (VOI) to represent the interests of the document management industry, which he then headed for seven years as managing director. From 1995 to 1999 he was a member of the board of directors of the IMC International Information Management Congress, Boulder, USA.
From 1999 to 2001 he was Executive Director of AIIM Europe, Worcester, England. In 2000 and 2002 he organized two international congresses for AIIM in Essen. From 2001 to 2004 he was a member of the board of directors of AIIM international, Silver Springs, Maryland, USA, and accompanied the realignment of the Association for ECM Enterprise Content Management .
From 2006 to 2011 he was one of the managers of the DLM Network EEIG , the sponsoring company of the DLM Forum , and from 2008 to 2011 a member of the MoReq Governance Board of the DLM Forum, which deals with the standardization of records management and archiving in Europe. He was head of the organizing committee of the international DLM Forum Conference in Barcelona in 2002 and published several papers for the DLM Forum. In the field of standardization, he worked on various document management and records management standards such as DMA, ISO 15489 , MoReq, MoReq2, MoReq2010 and the like. a. With.
Author and publicist
From 1974 to 1989 the focus of the publication was in the area of prehistoric and early historical research and natural scientific methods such as soil science and the use of computer technologies in cultural studies. Since 1985, this focus has shifted to information management for professional reasons. Several books have been written since 1992:
- (with Barbara Merkel) Fundamentals of document management: areas of application, technologies, trends. Gabler, Wiesbaden 1997, ISBN 3-409-87940-4 ; 2nd edition: document management. Basics and future. Project Consult, Hamburg 1999, ISBN 3-9806756-0-2 .
- Document technologies : where is it headed? Project Consult, Hamburg 2003, ISBN 3-9806756-4-5 .
- ECM Enterprise Content Management . Project Consult, Hamburg 2006, ISBN 3-936534-09-8 .
and two codes of practice for electronic archiving and process documentation :
- (with Jörg Rogalla) Principles of electronic archiving: “Code of Practice” for the use of document management and electronic archiving systems. (= VOI series of publications Compendium. Vol. 3). 2nd, revised and expanded edition. Association of Optical Information Systems, Darmstadt 1997, ISBN 3-932898-03-6 .
- (with Karl-Georg Henstorf, Jan Prochnow) Principles of procedural documentation according to GoBS: “Code of Practice” for audit-proof archiving. (= VOI series of publications Compendium. Vol. 4). Association of Optical Information Systems, Darmstadt 1999, ISBN 3-932898-03-6 .
Kampffmeyer has written several studies and white papers as well as numerous articles and online publications.
In 2003 and 2011, the Computerwoche ranked him among the hundred most important IT personalities in Germany. The international trade associations for document management, AIIM and IMC, gave him several awards for his work . He is the "Fellow of Merit" of the IMC and a member of the "Company of Fellows" of the AIIM international.
- Literature by and about Ulrich Kampffmeyer in the catalog of the German National Library
- Profile at Project Consult
- ↑ Ulrich Kampffmeyer, Jörg Rogalla: Principles of electronic archiving. VOI Code of Practice 1, Darmstadt 1997.
- ↑ In summary Ulrich Kampffmeyer: Records Management: Principles, Standards and Trends. Project Consult Newsletter special edition January 2012, (PDF; 1.3 MB)
- ^ Ulrich Kampffmeyer, Barbara Merkel: Document Management. Basics and future. Hamburg, 1999.
- ↑ Ulrich Kampffmeyer, "Enterprise Content Management - Rulers of Information". Computerwoche, CW-exktraKT, Munich, September 24, 2001; Ulrich Kampffmeyer: ECM Enterprise Content Management. Hamburg, 2006.
- ↑ u. a. for the recognition of digital storage: Henstorf, Karl-Georg, Kampffmeyer, Ulrich, Prochnow, Jan: "Principles of procedural documentation according to GoBS ". Code of Practice Volume 2. VOI Association of Organizational and Information Systems e. V., Bonn, 1999, ISBN 3-932898-04-4 ; on the subject of GDPdU in Ernst & Young (ed.): "Tax risk management". Stollfuß Verlag, 2005, ISBN 3-08-210001-5 , in Hentschel, Bernd (Hrsg.): "Digital company audit - eDatenzugriff der Finanzverwaltung". 2nd revised edition 2004, DATAKONTEXT-FACHVERLAG, ISBN 3-89577-325-5 and "New legal requirements for electronic archiving" ( Memento of the original from March 4, 2016 in the Internet Archive ) Info: The archive link was automatically inserted and still Not checked. Please check the original and archive link according to the instructions and then remove this notice. (PDF; 648 kB),  (PDF; 423 kB)
- ↑ In numerous articles and lectures a. a. Ulrich Kampffmeyer: Document Technologies: Where Are We Heading? Hamburg, 2003.
- ↑ In the two main subjects Prehistory and Early History and Near Eastern Archeology, published master's thesis: Ulrich Kampffmeyer: The barrow field on the Fuchsberg near Desingerode / Werxhausen: Investigations into the older Bronze Age in the Lower Eichsfeld. NAFN New excavations and research in Lower Saxony, Volume 13, Göttingen 1978, pp. 3-99.
- ↑ In the subjects of Prehistory and Early History as well as Art History and Near Eastern Archeology. In the dissertation print: Ulrich Kampffmeyer: The ceramics of the Hüde I am Dümmer settlement. Investigations into the Neolithization of the northwestern German lowlands. Diss. Göttingen 1988, 4 vol.
- ↑ The graduate prehist. was only briefly introduced as a scientific degree at the University of Kiel. The aim was to obtain a degree in computer science. Parts of the original computer science thesis were published in various articles.
- ↑ In the subjects of computer science, soil science and prehistory and early history. Printed diploma thesis: Ulrich Kampffmeyer, Archaeological and pedological investigations in Klein Neudorf, municipality of Bosau, Ostholstein district: Evaluation of the excavations in 1980. Wachholtz Verlag, 1985.
- ↑ Karin Begemann, profile at Project Consult
- ↑ Excavation methodology, use of pedological documentation methods, computer-based find and finding cartography, computer-aided classification of archaeological finds
- ↑ Ulrich Kampffmeyer, Archaeological and pedological investigations in Klein Neudorf, community Bosau, Ostholstein district: Evaluation of the excavations in 1980. Wachholtz Verlag, 1985.
- ^ Michael Fee, Ulrich Kampffmeyer: Considerations on the use of small computers in prehistory and early history research. APA Acta Praehistorica et Archaeologica 11/12, 1980/81, pp. 3-20; Bernhard Kalhoff, Ulrich Kampffmeyer: The evaluation of archaeological data with graphic computer representations. APA Acta Praehistorica et Archaeologica 16/17, 1984/85, pp. 237-268.
- ↑ Today Fraunhofer Institute for Optronics, System Technology and Image Evaluation
- ↑ Ulrich Kampffmeyer, Ulrich Lübbert: ARCOS 1: A documentation on the "device for the automatic pictorial detection of the shape of ceramics". BAIK, Karlsruhe, 1985.
- ↑ Ulrich Kampffmeyer (Ed.): Investigations into the computer-aided classification of the shape of ceramics. Works on the prehistory of man, Vol. 11, P. Lang Verlag, 1988.
- ↑ Among other things, as head of the working group on quantitative methods in archeology from 1984 to 1986.
- ↑ ACS Systemberatung was taken over by the GFT Group. The Hyparchiv product and the associated team were sold to DataGlobal.
- ↑ PROJECT CONSULT Management Consulting Dr. Ulrich Kampffmeyer GmbH
- ↑ Ulrich Kampffmeyer . PROJECT CONSULT Management Consulting Dr. Ulrich Kampffmeyer GmbH. Retrieved May 29, 2013.
- ↑ Messe Stuttgart ( Memento of the original dated August 21, 2010 in the Internet Archive ) Info: The archive link was inserted automatically and has not yet been checked. Please check the original and archive link according to the instructions and then remove this notice.
- ^ AWV / Ulrich Kampffmeyer: Automatic recording of written material. AWV series, Eschborn, 1994.
- ^ English language website of the DLM Forum
- ^ Industry White Paper Series on Records, Document and Enterprise Content Management. For the Public Sector, AIIM / DLM Forum / Project Consult, 7 volumes, 2002 - 2004.
- ^ Whitepaper , Project Consult website, accessed September 1, 2012.
- ↑ Publications , Project Consult website, accessed on September 1, 2012.
- ↑ Computerwoche 2011 Here ( Memento of the original from April 29, 2012 in the Internet Archive ) Info: The archive link was inserted automatically and has not yet been checked. Please check the original and archive link according to the instructions and then remove this notice. .
- ↑ AIIM Company of Fellows ( Memento of the original from March 4, 2016 in the Internet Archive ) Info: The archive link was inserted automatically and has not yet been checked. Please check the original and archive link according to the instructions and then remove this notice.
|BRIEF DESCRIPTION||German management consultant|
|DATE OF BIRTH||April 12, 1952|
|PLACE OF BIRTH||Hamelin|