After studying Modern Greek in Athens (1986–87), Egelhaaf-Gaiser studied classical archeology , Greek and Latin studies at the universities of Munich and Tübingen from 1987 to 1994 . She then worked as a research assistant at the University of Tübingen until 1995, received her doctorate in 1998 and worked on the Inscriptiones Graecae at the Berlin-Brandenburg Academy of Sciences until 1999 . From 1999–2005 she worked as a research assistant at the University of Gießen , where she was awarded the Wolfgang Mittermaier Prize in 2005 for achievements in academic teaching. In December of the same year she received her habilitation in Classical Philology.
Since January 1, 2006, Egelhaaf-Gaiser has headed a research project entitled “The literary construction of noble identity. Sidonius Apollinaris and the Model of the Past ”in the Giessen Collaborative Research Center“ Cultures of Remembrance ”. In the winter semester 2006/2007 she took the chair of Dorothee Gall at the University of Hamburg , from the summer semester 2007 she took part in the deputy chair of the Latinist Siegmar Döpp at the University of Göttingen , whose successor she finally became in April 2008.
Egelhaaf-Gaiser is primarily concerned with the Roman literature of the late republic as well as the early and middle imperial period from a cultural-historical and theoretical point of view.
- Cult spaces in everyday Roman life. Apuleius' Book of Isis and the place of religion in imperial Rome. Dissertation Tübingen 1998. Franz Steiner Verlag, Stuttgart 2000, ISBN 978-3-515-07766-8 .
- with Alfred Schäfer : Religious associations in Roman antiquity - studies on organization, ritual and spatial planning . Mohr Siebeck Verlag, Tübingen 2002, ISBN 978-3-16-147771-3 .
- Literary delicacies. Convivial stagings and forms of communication from Cicero to Athenaios . Habilitation thesis, University of Gießen 2005.
- Literature by Ulrike Egelhaaf-Gaiser in the catalog of the German National Library
- Ulrike Egelhaaf-Gaiser at the Department of Classical Philology at the University of Göttingen
|BRIEF DESCRIPTION||German classical philologist|
|DATE OF BIRTH||July 1, 1967|
|PLACE OF BIRTH||Sindelfingen|