Peter Kuhlmann (classical philologist)
Peter Alois Kuhlmann (born May 24, 1965 in Marsberg , Westphalia ) is a German classical philologist .
After graduating from high school in Marsberg, Kuhlmann began studying Classical Philology, Comparative Linguistics , Romance Studies and Northern Studies at the Universities of Gießen and Kiel in 1986 , which he completed in 1991 with the first state examination for teaching at grammar schools. 1993 followed his doctorate to Dr. phil. in Giessen with the dissertation "The Giessener literary papyri and the Caracalla -Erlasse". In the same year he began his legal traineeship at the Wilhelm-von-Oranien-Gymnasium in Dillenburg , which he completed in 1995 with the second state examination. From 1995–97 he was a lecturer and Rink Foundation scholarship holder at the Institute for Classical Philology in Giessen. In 1997 he started working as a research assistant at the Giessen Collaborative Research Center 434 “Cultures of Remembrance”.
After his habilitation (2000), he moved to the University of Düsseldorf as an academic advisor . In 2004 he accepted an appointment at the University of Göttingen as a full professor of Latin philology and didactics of ancient languages. As the first Göttingen professor of classical philology, he is responsible for supervising subject didactics. Since 2012 he has been a full member of the Academy of Sciences in Göttingen .
Kuhlmann's main research areas are Greco-Roman literature (especially from the imperial era ) as well as the reception and tradition of antiquity in modern times. In subject didactics, he published various special studies and manuals. He has been running the Didaxis series since 2005 . Göttingen materials for teaching Latin and Greek . In 2011 he took over the editor of the textbook series VIA MEA , in which over 30 materials for competence-oriented Latin lessons have appeared so far.
- The Giessen literary papyri and the Caracalla edicts. Edition, translation and commentary (= reports and works from the University Library and the University Archives Gießen. Vol. 46, ISSN 0072-4483 ), Justus Liebig University Gießen - University Library, Gießen 1994 (also: Giessen, University, dissertation, 1993; urn : nbn: de: hebis: 26-opus-36384 full text).
- Religion and memory. The religious policy of Emperor Hadrian and its reception in ancient literature (= forms of memory. Vol. 12). Vandenhoeck & Ruprecht, Göttingen 2002, ISBN 3-525-35571-8 (also: Giessen, University, habilitation paper, 2000/2001).
- Sappho, the larger fragments of the 1st book (= Jena Indo-European text processing. Vol. 2). Röll, Dettelbach 2003, ISBN 3-89754-198-X .
- Didactics Latin compact. Vandenhoeck & Ruprecht, Göttingen 2009, ISBN 978-3-525-25759-3 (3rd, revised edition 2012).
- as editor and co-author: Latin Literature Didactics. Buchner, Bamberg 2010, ISBN 978-3-7661-8001-8 .
- as editor and co-author: University course in Latin . Buchner, Bamberg 2011, ISBN 978-3-7661-7595-3 .
- VIA MEA - complete band . Cornelsen Verlag, Berlin 2013, ISBN 978-3-06-024041-8 .
- Roman letter literature. Pliny and Cicero (= Classica. Vol. 4). Vandenhoeck & Ruprecht, Göttingen 2013, ISBN 978-3-525-71078-4 .
- Roman philosophy. Epicurus in Cicero (= Classica. Vol. 6). Vandenhoeck & Ruprecht, Göttingen 2014, ISBN 978-3-525-71100-2 .
- as editor and co-author: teaching Latin grammar. Buchner, Bamberg 2014, ISBN 978-3-7661-8005-6 .
- with Susanne Gerth: Sallust, Coniuratio Catilinae (= Classica. Vol. 5). Vandenhoeck & Ruprecht, Göttingen 2014, ISBN 978-3-525-71096-8 .
- with Jens Kühne: Legal clerkship in Latin: compact knowledge for career entry and exam preparation. Cornelsen, Berlin 2015.
- The philosophy of the Stoa: Seneca, Epistulae morales (= Classica. ). Vandenhoeck & Ruprecht, Göttingen 2016, ISBN 978-3-525-71107-1 .
- with Henning Horstmann: Practice vocabulary and grammar: Didactic criteria and practical examples for Latin lessons . Vandenhoeck & Ruprecht, Göttingen 2018, ISBN 978-3-525-71121-7 .
- Literature by Peter Kuhlmann in the catalog of the German National Library
- Homepage of Peter Kuhlmann at the Department of Classical Philology Göttingen
- VIA MEA textbook concept for competence-oriented Latin teaching in general schools
|ALTERNATIVE NAMES||Kuhlmann, Peter Alois (full name)|
|BRIEF DESCRIPTION||German classical philologist|
|DATE OF BIRTH||May 24, 1965|
|PLACE OF BIRTH||Marsberg , Westphalia|