Association municipality of Maikammer
|coat of arms||Germany map|
|County :||Southern Wine Route|
|Area :||39.73 km 2|
|Residents:||8019 (Dec. 31, 2019)|
|Population density :||202 inhabitants per km 2|
|License plate :||SOUTH|
|Association key :||07 3 37 5006|
|Association structure:||3 municipalities|
|Association administration address
|Mayoress :||Gabriele Flach ( CDU )|
|Location of the Maikammer community in the southern Weinstrasse district|
The Maikammer community is an administrative unit in the legal form of a regional authority in the southern Weinstrasse district in Rhineland-Palatinate . The association community consists of the three independent local communities Kirrweiler , Maikammer and Sankt Martin .
Association members communities
|Local parish||Area (km²)||Residents|
|Association municipality of Maikammer||39.73||8,019|
(Residents on December 31, 2019)
The municipality of Maikammer came into force on March 1, 1972 as part of the Rhineland-Palatinate functional and territorial reform that began in the 1960s on the basis of the "Thirteenth State Law on Administrative Simplification in the State of Rhineland-Palatinate" from March 1, 1972, came into force on April 22, 1972, newly formed.
The state government passed the “First Law on Local and Administrative Reform ” on September 28, 2010 in order to improve the efficiency, competitiveness and administrative power of local structures. In the law was u. a. stipulated that association communities should have at least 12,000 inhabitants (main residence on June 30, 2009). 7,966 inhabitants were registered in the Maikammer community on the reporting date. Within the limited so-called voluntary phase (until June 30, 2012), a voluntary amalgamation of the Maikammer community with a neighboring regional authority did not materialize.
According to state law on December 20, 2013, the Maikammer community was incorporated into the Edenkoben community on July 1, 2014 . The Maikammer community then submitted a judicial review action to the Rhineland-Palatinate Constitutional Court . In a judgment of June 8, 2015, the law of December 20, 2013 was declared unconstitutional and therefore null and void, so that the Maikammer community was restored to its original form. The illegal forced merger costs the taxpayer 300,000 euros.
The development of the number of inhabitants in relation to today's area of the Maikammer association; the values from 1871 to 1987 are based on censuses:
Association municipal council
The Maikammer municipal council consists of 24 honorary council members, who were elected in a personalized proportional representation in the local elections on May 26, 2019 , and the full-time mayor as chairman.
The distribution of seats in the municipal council:
- BL = Bürgerliste e. V.
- FWG = Free Voting Group of the Maikammer e. V.
- BFM = Bürgerforum Maikammer e. V.
As part of the general local elections on May 25, 2014 , no new municipal council was elected, since the municipality was to be dissolved or integrated into the Edenkoben municipality on July 1, 2014 . Due to the cancellation of the forced merger by the Constitutional Court of Rhineland-Palatinate , the municipal council elected in 2009 remained in office for the time being. A new election of the municipal council was held on January 31, 2016. In 2019 there was another vote on the regular election date.
Gabriele Flach (CDU) has been the mayor since January 1, 2018. In the direct election on September 24, 2017, she was elected for eight years with 79.8% of the votes. Flach is the successor to Karl Schäfer (CDU), who held the office for 34 years.
coat of arms
The description of the coat of arms reads: “In a silver and blue shield border divided eightfold, a blue post, covered with a silver marking in the form of an ascending arrow, the shaft of which ends in a cross shape, a blue cross on the right , the shaft of which is bent over to the left in a hook shape and a left one blue horseshoe with downward facing studs. "
The coat of arms was approved by the Neustadt district government in 1977 and contains elements of the coats of arms of the three local communities.
Economy and Infrastructure
The viticulture and wine processing plants are the dominant economic force in the connected member municipalities. The vineyard area extends east of the Haardt Mountains over a width of about 8 km as far as the Rhine plain. The service sector is particularly strong in the communities of St. Martin and Maikammer due to the development of tourism. The main workplaces here are accommodation and catering establishments as well as retail facilities. In the manufacturing industry, the automotive supplier Tenneco (formerly Gillet) dominates with around 1200 employees, some of which are in the area of the association. Otherwise, there are predominantly commercial operations with a local structure or agricultural and construction-related characteristics (e.g. wineries, car workshops, construction companies and other craft businesses and utilities).
- State Statistical Office Rhineland-Palatinate - population status 2019, districts, municipalities, association communities ( help on this ).
- First state law on local and administrative reform of September 28, 2010 (PDF; 685 kB)
- Database at rlpDirekt, KommWis GmbH ( Memento of the original from April 28, 2015 in the Internet Archive ) Info: The archive link was inserted automatically and has not yet been checked. Please check the original and archive link according to the instructions and then remove this notice.
- State law on the integration of the Maikammer community into the Edenkoben community of December 20, 2013 . Retrieved April 26, 2015.
- Judgment of the Constitutional Court of Rhineland-Palatinate of June 8, 2015 , accessed on June 14, 2015
- Gernot Ludwig: Land offers 300,000 euros in compensation. Illegal municipality merger in the southern Palatinate. In: swr.de. Südwestrundfunk , September 21, 2017, accessed on September 21, 2017 .
- State Statistical Office Rhineland-Palatinate - regional data
- The regional returning officer RLP: Association council election 2019 Maikammer. Retrieved August 22, 2019 .
- Verbandsgemeinde Maikammer: Portrait of the mayor. Retrieved December 8, 2019 .
- Karl Heinz Debus: The great book of arms of the Palatinate . Neustadt an der Weinstrasse 1988, ISBN 3-9801574-2-3