Wilhelm von Schlichten
Wilhelm von Schlichten (born June 29, 1796 in Ostrowo , † December 25, 1876 in Ostrometzko ) was a Prussian major general .
He was the son of the later Prussian Major General Karl Anton Xaver Thaddäus von Schlichten (1764–1841) and his wife Wilhelmine Charlotte, born von Braunschweig (1773–1842).
Schlichten joined the 1st Silesian Hussar Regiment of the Prussian Army as a hussar on February 1, 1810 . There he advanced to secondary lieutenant until mid-June 1813 and took part in the battles at Großgörschen , Bautzen , Dresden , Kulm , Laon , Ligny and Waterloo as well as the siege of Erfurt during the wars of liberation against Napoleon . Schlichten was awarded the Iron Cross 2nd class for his achievements .
After the peace agreement of sizing was ordered to 1818/19 Lehreskadron, in mid-September 1826 First Lieutenant and two years later in the Order of St. John added. On December 14, 1833 he was promoted to Rittmeister and appointed squadron chief. As a major , he was appointed commander of the 11th Hussar Regiment in Düsseldorf on April 18, 1850 . In this capacity, finishing was on March 23, 1852 Lieutenant Colonel and on March 22, 1853 to Colonel promoted. As such, he was appointed commander of the 8th Cavalry Brigade on June 10, 1856 when he was transferred to Erfurt . Ten months later he was promoted to major general. Under awarded the Red Eagle II. Class with oak finishing received on 8 July 1858 board his farewell . In a subsequent appreciation of his services, King Wilhelm I awarded him the star of the Order of the Red Eagle, 2nd class with oak leaves, on September 18, 1869.
Schlichten married Mathilde Ida Freiin von Lorenz (1810–1873) in Dresden on December 31, 1828, the daughter of Gottfried August von Lorenz .
The daughter Marie (1830-1894) married Gottlieb Martin Vertraugott von Schönborn (1826-1874), majorate on Ostrometzko, member of the Prussian manor house and the last of the von Schönborn family, who were ennobled in 1629 and came from Bohemia, who in 1804 acquired the rule of Ostrometzko. Their son was 1,873 in 1888 ge grafte Albrecht von Alvensleben-Schönborn .
- Kurt von Priesdorff : Soldier leadership . Volume 6, Hanseatische Verlagsanstalt Hamburg, undated [Hamburg], undated , DNB 367632810 , p. 408, no. 2028.
- Hans von Eck: History of the 2nd Westphalian Hussar Regiment No. 11 and its regular troops from 1807-1893. Military Publishing House, Mainz 1893, Part Three : Evidence of the active officers who are listed in the regiment's rankings. P. 376, No. 107: Wilhelm von Schlichten and table with portraits of the commanders
- ^ Kurt von Priesdorff: Soldatisches Führertum. Volume 4, Hanseatische Verlagsanstalt Hamburg, undated [Hamburg], undated , DNB 367632799 , p. 460f, no. 1389.
- ↑ Leipziger Zeitung . No. 174, July 21, 1825, Family News Obituary for Constanzia Auguste Freifrau von Lorenz, b. von Rumohr († July 19, 1825 in Dresden), her mother
- ^ Emil Steffan: Speech for the funeral celebration of the Majorate Lord on Ostrometzko, Mr. Gottlieb Martin Vertraugott von Schönborn , member of the manor house [...] held on March 4, 1874 in the St. Paulskirche in Ostrometzko. Fischer, Bromberg 1874.
|SURNAME||Schlieren, Wilhelm von|
|BRIEF DESCRIPTION||Prussian major general|
|DATE OF BIRTH||June 29, 1796|
|PLACE OF BIRTH||Ostrowo|
|DATE OF DEATH||December 25, 1876|
|Place of death||Ostrometzko|