Calendar overview 355
|Colonia Claudia Ara Agrippinensium is conquered by the Franks .|
|355 in other calendars|
|Buddhist calendar||898/899 (southern Buddhism); 897/898 (alternative calculation according to Buddha's Parinirvana )|
|Chinese calendar||50th (51st) cycle , year of the wooden hare乙卯 ( at the beginning of the year wooden tiger 甲寅)|
|Greek calendar||2nd / 3rd Year of the 283rd Olympiad|
|Jewish calendar||4115/16 (22/23 September)|
|Roman calendar||ab urbe condita MCVIII (1108); Diocletian Era : 71/72 (New Year November)|
|Seleucid era||Babylon: 665/666 (April turn of the year); Syria: 666/667 (New Year October)|
|Vikram Sambat (Nepalese Calendar)||411/412 (turn of the year April)|
Politics and world events
- August 11 : Silvanus settles in Colonia Claudia Ara Agrippinensium to Roman Gegenkaiser cry. However, it can only last for 28 days.
- November 6th : Emperor Constantius II appoints his cousin Julian as Caesar and sends him to Gaul .
- First mention of the Lentienser , an Alemannic sub-tribe, by the Roman writer Ammianus Marcellinus .
- Punitive expedition by Magister equitum Arbetio against the Lentiens.
- Franconian soldiers storm a Roman city wall for the first time and plunder Colonia Claudia Ara Agrippinensium , today's Cologne .
- Julian allows himself to be introduced to the Eleusinian mysteries.
- Constantius II calls the Council of Milan to settle the Arian dispute .
- Constantius II banishes the Bishop of Rome Liberius to Thrace and has Felix II consecrated as Bishop of Rome.