Calendar overview 358
|358 in other calendars|
|Buddhist calendar||901/902 (southern Buddhism); 900/901 (alternative calculation according to Buddha's Parinirvana )|
|Chinese calendar||50th (51st) cycle , year of the earth-horse戊午 ( at the beginning of the year fire-serpent 丁巳)|
|Greek calendar||1./2. Year of the 284th Olympiad|
|Jewish calendar||4118/19 (September 20-21)|
|Roman calendar||ab urbe condita MCXI (1111); Diocletian Era : 74/75 (New Year November)|
|Seleucid era||Babylon: 668/669 (turn of the year April); Syria: 669/670 (turn of the year October)|
|Vikram Sambat (Nepalese Calendar)||414/415 (turn of the year April)|
Politics and world events
- The Roman caesar and later emperor Julian subjugates the Alemannic reges Suomar and Hortar .
- Julian allows the Sal Franks in northern Gaul to settle in Toxandria . The Franconian Federation came to the military service of the Roman Empire.
- In the Roman-Persian War , the Roman Emperor Constantius II and the ruler of the Sassanid Empire Shapur II conduct negotiations, which, however, lead to no result.
- The Patriarch Hillel II derives the Jewish calendar from the Talmud and Tanakh .
- The Bishop of Rome Liberius returns to Rome from his Thracian exile.
- around 358: Paulinus of Trier , Bishop of Trier and saint