Calendar overview 357
|Julian defeats the Alemanni at the Battle of Argentoratum .|
|357 in other calendars|
|Buddhist calendar||900/901 (southern Buddhism); 899/900 (alternative calculation according to Buddha's Parinirvana )|
|Chinese calendar||50th (51st) cycle , year of the fire-serpent丁巳 ( at the beginning of the year fire-dragon 丙辰)|
|Greek calendar||4th year of the 283rd / 1st year of the 284th Olympiad|
|Jewish calendar||4117/18 (August 31 / September 1)|
|Roman calendar||ab urbe condita MCX (1110); Diocletian Era : 73/74 (New Year November)|
|Seleucid era||Babylon: 667/668 (turn of the year April); Syria: 668/669 (New Year October)|
|Vikram Sambat (Nepalese Calendar)||413/414 (turn of the year April)|
Politics and world events
- The Alemanni defeat the Roman army master Barbatio near Augst . Under Chnodomar and Agenarich (Serapio) they march against the Romans in the battle of Argentoratum ( Strasbourg ). They are crushed by Caesar Julian .
- The largest known obelisk is erected by Emperor Constantius II in the Circus Maximus .
Empire of China
- March 3 : Relics of the apostles Andrew and Luke are brought to Constantinople .
- Constantius II lifts the exile of the Bishop of Rome Liberius and his opponent Felix II leaves Rome.
- Gundomad , Alemannic Gau King
- 357 or 358 : Ossius of Córdoba , Bishop of Córdoba, opponent of Arianism (* 257 )