Calendar overview 884
|884 in other calendars|
|Armenian calendar||332/333 (turn of the year July)|
|Buddhist calendar||1427/28 (southern Buddhism); 1426/27 (alternative calculation according to Buddha's Parinirvana )|
|Chinese calendar||59th (60th) cycle|
|Chula Sakarat (Siam, Myanmar) / Dai calendar (Vietnam)||246/247 (turn of the year April)|
|Iranian calendar||262/263 (around March 21)|
|Islamic calendar||270/271 (June 28/29)|
|Jewish calendar||4644/45 (23/24 September)|
ab urbe condita MDCXXXVII (1637)
Diocletian's era : 600/601 (New Year November)
|Seleucid era||Babylon: 1194/95 (turn of the year April)
Syria: 1195/96 (turn of the year October)
|Vikram Sambat (Nepalese Calendar)||940/941 (turn of the year April)|
Politics and world events
- Viking Age : The Frisians emerge victorious from the battle against the Vikings near Norden .
- Adalbert II becomes Margrave of Tuscany .
- Bernard Plantevelue becomes Count of the County of Mâcon .
- Foundation of Norder Theelacht , a family association run on a cooperative basis
- March 4 : The Japanese Tennō Yōzei abdicates after only eight years of reign due to illness . His successor is his great-uncle Kōkō .
First documentary mentions
- February 1st : Egbert , Bishop of Osnabrück
- May 15 : Marinus I , Pope
- May: Ahmad ibn Tulun , Egyptian ruler (* 835 )
- December 12th : Karlmann , King of West Franconia (* 866 )
- Būrān , Abbasid caliph wife (* 807 )